What's new

kingofpain

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys! I had an issue with my multi kit, and wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are.

I have had a Multi kit for 6 months now, and have really enjoyed it! I recently moved, and I took care with moving all my arcade PCBs and equipment. I hooked up the cab I'm using for the multi kit, and everything was working correctly for a few minutes, then I started getting graphical errors. I wished that I had taken pictures, but it looked similar to what others have posted on the forum. Corrupted graphics is the best way to describe it, mainly sprites and a few background details here and there. Sound and gameplay was unaffected. After troubleshooting as much as I could, I finally swapped the kit to another known working B Board today, and the issue disappeared. The culprit is the other B Board.

Now I have been over the board a few times, and I can't visually see anything that would make it display bad graphics. Is there anything else that I can check and figure out what the problem is? Reason I'm asking is because I'd hate to add the board to the parts pile when it was working with no issues for a time. Would love to save it if I can!

I'd say start by putting the OG/decrypted ROMs back in the faulty b board and check whether the issue persists.

Also some pics might prove helpful

I will do that first thing in the morning. I'm currently at work right now. Thanks for the reply!

Inspect all of the eprom sockets on the pcb for crushed pins.

Back