What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just got a copy of Riding Hero that I'm having issues with. I've cleaned the pins etc, but it always reboots following the SNK logo and chime. This includes if I add a credit during the chime/song. This is a behavior I've not seen before, and so wanted to check if anyone's encountered it before I go too nuts trying to diagnose it. Other games work fine in my test system. Issue is limited to this one cart.

do you use unibios?
it can run a good romtest
Not in this system, but I have others. Will give it a try with UNIBIOS this afternoon. Don't recall a specific ROM test function, is it just the boot self test?

Edit: Tried it in a "CBOX" with UNIBIOS 3.3 and it works... now I have seen the UNIBIOS "bypass" errors that the stock BIOS halts on, so will try it in a few more systems to see if it's just the 1C I was testing with or something else.

Last edited:
unibios has all the rom checksums from mame and can validate all the cartridge roms - i dont remember how though.

unibios has all the rom checksums from mame and can validate all the cartridge roms - i dont remember how though.

Fair enough. Tried it with a 1FZ running UniBIOS 4 and it again worked without issue... so far, only failure is in the 1C I use to test with running the stock BIOS. Will try in some more systems running stock BIOS later (none of the ones I have outside of cabinets is running stock BIOS).

Tried it in my cabs on various boards, worked fine in all cases. So it seems the issue is ONLY with the 1C I have on my test bench, which works fine with every other cart I throw at it... I'm kind of stumped.

Try clearing the backup ram on the MV1C after you've cleaned the slots well.

Back