What's new

Atari the jedi

Student
Reaction score
so a little while back I picked up a bunch of B boards that were unpopulated. I couldn't really complain about the price since I got them for a few hours of moving some arcade games. I ended up with 8 B boards all together. 4 of each kind after I count of the mount.

While I'm having trouble uploading pictures. I can say that one of the B boards has the number of 89624 B - 3 and it also has a blue number 9 ROM chip seat. Well the other four have a number of 91635 B- 2. I'm curious if anybody can tell me what game or games these belong to. Of course I'm missing the a boards and C boards. I'm wondering if anybody can tell me what games they went to and what games I could use them for? My guess is they came from the final fights and maybe Champion Edition. Again I know you can't run the games without the A and C board and the Seaboard can help dictate what you're going to be doing but it would like to start populating some of these. Thanks :)

What do you plan to populate these with? I think DS Multi would be a B Board as well.

I'm still new to the cps1 world I'm not even sure what these were populated as before. Can somebody tell me? Or can I populate them with any cps1 game?

From what I know very loosely:

C Board : Sound board???
B Board : Board will ROMS and game related softwares are held in Rom chips which are missing in your case.
A Board : Is like the mainboard and generally can be used to run different games (Does Not contain game roms) - Two revisions 10MHZ and 12 MHZ DASH

So B Boards without Rom Chips would be good to have an documented in case someone needs exact board for replacement otherwise buy rom chips, rom burners and burn compatible games (time and cost)in compatible boards - BUT YOU also NEED Board A :/ (cost)

DS Multi should be a B board, so what you really need is Board A and Board C. These B boards can be stored anyways if someone uses real roms and has damaged board you can sell it to them.

I'm still new to the cps1 world I'm not even sure what these were populated as before. Can somebody tell me? Or can I populate them with any cps1 game?
Not unless you have all rom chips for the game and it need your B Board revision type.

yeah I've ordered some ROM chips, pal and gal chips really haven't found any good a boards or C boards. But I do have a couple of other CPS games but I can testes boards with I believe I have final fight, World Warrior and Hyper fighting. I just wanted to populate one of them and play with it and I'll probably save the rest for myself and other people who may need it. So can I assume I can just burn some rounds of any cps1 game and slap them on here as long as I get the correct A&C board to go with it?

Back