What's new
Will you be selling the modified rom board and whatever else needed to run for the existing CPS1.5 multis?

ok, can you please let me know when its up for sale.

Good evening, @lydz . Sir, i have a problem with the multi you provided me . The problem is the "Start" button on player1 ... was broken on the CPS1 Motherboard for the second time . Ive used the multi for less than 1 hour every time during the game tests ... and on the CPS1 - A board who comes with the multi, everytime ... the "START" function of PLAYER 1 side die . If somebody can help me with an advice what can i do to not send again the board to be repaired (shipping fees to UK + repair fees there) .

This is how it goes... and i don't understand why !

https://youtu.be/QQciaOKGwbg

Last edited:
No repair fees for the same trick twice , it's unfair to blame anyone for a CPS1 going shit, that's what they do!

The same problem twice is strange however not sure if the multi interfere/interface with the i/o bus or not?

I have what I believe to be one of these boards.

I got it off ebay. I believe there is still 1 for sale.

I was thrilled with the quality until I actually had a chance to play it.

DIP switch C7 is ignored on my board, so continue is not possible in any game that requires it to be set to ON.

Is this normal for these boards?

Games that are basically not playable (this is a present for a 10 year old boy,. continue is necessary):

3 Wonders
Captain Commando
Carrier Airwing
Final Fight
Knights of the Round
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Mercs
Nemo
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
The King of Dragons
UN Squadron

@GeorgeSpinner I doubt that's intentional. Can you swap A boards? Is the dip broken or actually ignored (you can check with a multimeter). The creator @lydz is more easily reached via his email v99204@qq.com
Thanks for the reply.

I checked with a multimeter and the dip switch is connected.

I could change the A board but there is a wire from the B board soldered to a component on the A board.

The soldering is simple enough, but I do not want to risk doing something that could interfere with any refund I may attempt to get from the seller.

I will try contacting Lydz at the email you provided.

Thanks again.

That wire is for auto reset, when you change games it automatically resets and starts playing the new game instead of you needing to power cycle.
Thanks for the tip.

The game is not retained after power off, so I can see why this is required. Wouldn't work any other way.

Do you have one of these boards? can you continue in the following games?

3 Wonders
Captain Commando
Carrier Airwing
Final Fight
Knights of the Round
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Mercs
Nemo
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
The King of Dragons
UN Squadron

@GeorgeSpinner I doubt that's intentional. Can you swap A boards? Is the dip broken or actually ignored (you can check with a multimeter). The creator @lydz is more easily reached via his email v99204@qq.com
The seller recommended I try swapping the A boards, so I did.

The A board he sent is bad. It works fine with my A board.

The A board he sent has had the dips replaced. Either they did a bad job, or they were replacing the dips to see if it fixed a problem (maybe with DIP C7????).

Thanks for the help.

That wire is for auto reset, when you change games it automatically resets and starts playing the new game instead of you needing to power cycle.
Thanks for the tip.
The game is not retained after power off, so I can see why this is required. Wouldn't work any other way.

3 Wonders
Captain Commando - Yes
Carrier Airwing
Final Fight - Yes
Knights of the Round - Yes
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Mercs
Nemo
Street Fighter 2 - Yes
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition - Yes
Street Fighter 2 Turbo - Yes
The King of Dragons
UN Squadron
The games above I've marked yes are those I have that I can confirm support continues. Pretty sure all CPS1 games do.

FF and SF2 have famous continue screens.

Edit: I just realised you meant on the lydz kit. No idea. These multis often have modified versions of games on board but I can't see why they would remove continues. Or did you mean free play?

Thanks for the tip.The game is not retained after power off, so I can see why this is required. Wouldn't work any other way.

3 Wonders
Captain Commando - Yes
Carrier Airwing
Final Fight - Yes
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Mercs
Nemo
Street Fighter 2 - Yes
The King of Dragons
UN Squadron
The games above I've marked yes are those I have that I can confirm support continues. Pretty sure all CPS1 games do.

Edit: I just realised you meant on the lydz kit. No idea. These multis often have modified versions of games on board but I can't see why they would remove continues. Or did you mean free play?
You knew about the board, so I thought perhaps you had one.

I was asking if continue was something this board support. Not so much continue, but fully functioning dip switches.

I swapped the A board with a known-working board and I learned that the lydz multi does support the full function of all dip switches (though maybe dip C8 to enter TEST is ignored). When I set dip C7, continue was enabled in games that required it.

I tested the bad board with my Daimakaimura B board and learned that C dips are all messed up on it.

C7 doesn't function at all.

Daimakaimura (at least the way I like it configured) doesn't really need the C dip switches.

The seller offered me $50 back or a new board.

I thought about it for a day, and I'm trying to work out a replacement board with the seller now.

I want to receive the replacement before shipping the broken one back (I'm willing to put down a deposit).

I told the seller this and he seems to have taken the replacement option off the table.

Or we are hitting a language barrier...

Thanks for the tip.The game is not retained after power off, so I can see why this is required. Wouldn't work any other way.

3 Wonders
Captain Commando - Yes
Carrier Airwing
Final Fight - Yes
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Mercs
Nemo
Street Fighter 2 - Yes
The King of Dragons
UN Squadron

You knew about the board, so I thought perhaps you had one.
I was asking if continue was something this board support. Not so much continue, but fully functioning dip switches.

I swapped the A board with a known-working board and I learned that the lydz multi does support the full function of all dip switches (though maybe dip C8 to enter TEST is ignored). When I set dip C7, continue was enabled in games that required it.

I tested the bad board with my Daimakaimura B board and learned that C dips are all messed up on it.

C7 doesn't function at all.

Daimakaimura (at least the way I like it configured) doesn't really need the C dip switches.

The seller offered me $50 back or a new board.

I thought about it for a day, and I'm trying to work out a replacement board with the seller now.

I want to receive the replacement before shipping the broken one back (I'm willing to put down a deposit).

I told the seller this and he seems to have taken the replacement option off the table.

Or we are hitting a language barrier...
At least you get an answer from him. He has not replied to any of my letters so far.

@BlackLord - I purchased through ebay, so he is kinda forced to (I think feedback still matters to people).

I don't know for sure "he" is the same guy, but it very well may be.

How did you purchase?

The seller is going to send me a replacement A board.

It took him WEEKS to send me the board I have. I almost had to beg him to send it.

He has always been responsive to my questions though.

I asked him for dimensions of the board and he responded instantly with images of the board with a tape measure held to it. I thought that was good of him.

Start a claim in ebay and you can return the item.
He sold a defective product so your protected by Ebay and Paypal etc.

Do not let the seller give you the runaround. Good luck!

Asure' said:
Start a claim in ebay and you can return the item.
He sold a defective product so your protected by Ebay and Paypal etc.

Do not let the seller give you the runaround. Good luck!
Thanks.

When I accepted that it was broken and there was no misunderstanding about how it is supposed to work (on my part) i opened a return for the item.

He seems to be cooperating. I stressed that i did not want to wait a long time for the replacement and he's provided me with a tracking number, but that tracking number doesn't seem to be working at the moment (about 1 day after receipt).

Does anybody know how to setup the kick harness for Street Fighter Zero?

I have the kick harness setup and working for all the Street Fighter 2 games.

I am not very experienced with these boards, but it LOOKS like there are 2 kick harness connections on this board - J5, J6.

Street Fighter 2 uses J6.

Thanks.

CPS2 only has one kick harness pinout, on the A board to the right of the JAMMA connector

Unless you're talking about the CPS changer/1.5 hardware?

Back