What's new

Butter Meister

Student
Reaction score
1700375226728.png

Hey, this is the culmination of my work into building a halfway decent home arcade with good materials, and I think i'm ready to start shipping at least in my prototype/beta testing phase. It would be cool even if you could just take a look at my etsy page for more details

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1612462031/arcombi-deska-mini-arcade-cabinet

A lot of people here won’t give a second look to anything that isn’t either an original candy cabinet or a faithful reproduction of one.

I’d be open to a well-built modern LCD cab, but it should:
  • Be built like a tank
  • Have a VESA display mount with easy rotation both CW & CCW
  • Have enough interior space for real arcade boards and PC-based arcade platforms, plus accessories like upscalers
  • Support original Sega control panels, with easy access to the underside and a “shelf” for accessories like an I/O and Brook/GP2040 encoders
This meets none of those criteria.

At first I was like "sure, why not? Great for kids and as long as they're not trying to sell this thing for a ton of money, it's harmless." Then I saw the link to the store. There's a crap ton of wood lcd cabs on the market already too. Maybe post this up in a man-cave diy forum? This is a men who play cave games forum, slight difference.

I know wood and time are expensive but this is very rough around the edges to be $500.

Back