What's new

streetlights

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all! I love my Z-back SF2 Hyper Fighting cabinet.

I bought this cabinet for $150 nearly 10 years ago and its always been in super rough shape. I’ve enjoyed playing on this cabinet through out the years.

Last night my screen went dark in the middle of a game. When i turn the cabinet on/off I get sound and the buttons function but my CRT is completely blank.

Can you guys let me know what my next steps should be to figure out what the issue may be and how I could get the issue fixed. I love playing Street Fighter…but I dont know shit about cabinets/CRTs outside of playing. Any help/suggestions are really appreciated. Thank you!

Check the fuse on the chassis. If the fuse is blown, check the horizontal output transistor or HOT. You'll need a multimeter for the latter.

If the monitor hasn't been serviced during the time you've owned it, the chassis needs a recap. There isn't much point in trying to diagnose it further before that is done.

First of all, you should identify the monitor chassis or put here some photos of the chassis otherwise could be difficult helping you.

Back