What's new
I use Tim’s for my MiSTer and it’s flawless.

Just got mine today, and it's been a godsend. So easy to just set it and forget it. Great work my guy, and nice stickers too

Im gonna be trying vga to component this weekend with the tink 5x and the splitfire. Ill see how that goes. I got an ossc on the way either way, but itl be interesting to see how it fares.
Any updates with using th VGA to component cable yet? I am this close to running to Micro Center and getting a VGA to component cable to try it out with.

Any updates with using th VGA to component cable yet? I am this close to running to Micro Center and getting a VGA to component cable to try it out with.
Ur better off going the route gillaxian took. Extron rgb192 and b NC to scart out. Ill help u out bro. Hit me up on discord.

The component will get the signal to your tink, but it doesn't solve any of the sync issues for most pcbs. That extron cleans the sync so it will be compatible with the tink.

I'm sure this has been asked before. How is the RGB out attenuated? There is a pot for rgb voltage but how do I achieve 220uf resistance and and 75ohm capacitance on my video out with this device?

And is my sync voltage adjusted with my RGB levels simultaneously?

I love the product. I just need to know whether I should feed it hot into a Jassifier for attenuation or not

For the folks using the Splitfire with an OSSC, what firmware version are you on and are there any other considerations?

For the folks using the Splitfire with an OSSC, what firmware version are you on and are there any other considerations?
THat's what I'm using it on. I'm still getting video noise on low RGB amp settings.

THat's what I'm using it on. I'm still getting video noise on low RGB amp settings.
Do you know what firmware you're on the OSSC? It says on the display when you power it on, like 0.81 or similar.

Do you know what firmware you're on the OSSC? It says on the display when you power it on, like 0.81 or similar.
One cabs on the latest. The other is on the firmware before the GUI update. Same issue on both

I'm sure this has been asked before. How is the RGB out attenuated? There is a pot for rgb voltage but how do I achieve 220uf resistance and and 75ohm capacitance on my video out with this device?

And is my sync voltage adjusted with my RGB levels simultaneously?

I love the product. I just need to know whether I should feed it hot into a Jassifier for attenuation or not
The RGB output has 75 ohm resistors in series to match 75 ohm termination on the other side (capture card, PVM, etc). The video is DC coupled, and you should not need to consider adding capacitors or resistors.

The recommended use case is to plug it in directly to an OSSC's VGA input port and set it to AV3 with composite sync. If you want to use the SCART input, I do not have a recommended solution, as I do not keep anything SCART in my house.

If you are seeing noise, I would suspect your cabinet's power supply, your OSSC's power supply, or a grounding problem. Adding an additional video buffer, level control, and AC coupling should not help you there.

for PCB’s that don’t have wacky sync. But boards like Taito F3 still have sync issues (curling at the top).

Have you played with the new firmware on the 5X? Fiddling with the Video ADC settings (LLPLL Gain) fixed a screen curling issue I was having.. Not sure you got this fixed or not :)

Does anyone know if the Spitfire works with medium resolution (25 KHz) games? I have a friend who wants to use one with his Golden Tee Fore, but he has a medium resolution monitor in it and can’t change the dip switch to standard resolution. Thanks!

If it's JAMMA, and it has composite sync on the normal pin, then the Splitfire will buffer the video for it. Whether or not your capture setup accepts different scan rates is up to the hardware.

To be clear, if you are trying to use this to connect to a VGA monitor to replace an original monitor, that is not what this is intended for. It is not a scaler, and the signal coming out of the VGA port has the same resolution and timings as the original.

Last edited:
Is there an estimated time as to when there will be restock on the splitfire? I have been frequenting the birdland shop and so far nothing yet. thank you

Hello guys After 2 or 3 years that I take the splitfire, finally I can try It.

Today I received the Ossc and here start the problem.

How I can output at 720p or 1080p?

I have a capture card intensity shuttle USB that accept 720p60 or 1080p24/30 or 1080i

If someone have this setup or one with an elgato hd60 and works perfectly, please share with me informations, because I can have also that capture card.

Thank you in Advance guys

Last edited:
it really depens on the hardware you are trying to capture.
Most stuff for me worked at x3 which on the most stuff would be 720p.
Try that one.

Back