What's new
KVClab is a well known and respected Arcade shop in Japan. They're distributing officially with Mike's knowledge, he even retweeted them from his own account.

Many Japanese shops do not ship overseas due to potential language issues and customer service problems. Typically, sales are final with no possibility for return, and not every shop has staff with significant foreign language skills.

As for KVCLab, I delivered those boards to them in person. Unlike before the boards were built fully by the factory, including the tedious JAMMA connector soldering. They have sold a little faster than I thought from KVCLab, so he may take the remaining 20 I have here on me. However, I can have the factory ship them straight to Birdland, taking that entire step out of here.

Let us know when they're available at Birdland, def interested in picking up one or two. I guess I could ghetto something with my XSYNC-1 but would rather not do that lol

Got a question regarding the audio output from the NAC Splitfire. So for some odd reason I wasn't able to get any audio output from the capture on a Versus City cab we were streaming from. However when I came back home and reconnected it to my Astro City cabs, the audio from the capture was outputting fine. Is there something with the Versus Citys that doesn't play nice with the Splitfire that prevents it from capturing the audio?

Considering the Splitfire sits between the PCB and the harness, I'm not sure how it could matter.

What game were you trying to capture on the Versus? You had sound coming out normally from the cab? Were you using jamma audio on the cab or possibly a line level output that fed into the amp?

Considering the Splitfire sits between the PCB and the harness, I'm not sure how it could matter.

What game were you trying to capture on the Versus? You had sound coming out normally from the cab? Were you using jamma audio on the cab or possibly a line level output that fed into the amp?
I'm not entirely sure. We were streaming 3rd Strike. Video capture was fine, but the direct audio capture was non-existent. I even tried switching the 6 pin connector to mono and that didn't make any difference. Sound was coming out of the cab yes. I already figured out that it wasn't OBS settings, as they were left the exact same on my laptop when I reconnected everything to the Astro Citys and the audio captured normally.

Hopefully these things are in hand in a few weeks but it's really down to the timing of the factory. A little more time was spent on the assembly process so that these things arrive truly 100% put together, including the secondary stuff like the JAMMA key being in place.

Just looking back, the production costs - using the same parts - have doubled compared to 2020.

Hopefully these things are in hand in a few weeks but it's really down to the timing of the factory. A little more time was spent on the assembly process so that these things arrive truly 100% put together, including the secondary stuff like the JAMMA key being in place.

Just looking back, the production costs - using the same parts - have doubled compared to 2020.
I'd still buy em even if rhey were triple. Nothing comes close to the ease of use and dependability of the splitfire.

how does this compare against the bestu betsu in terms of video/sound output? Going to start streaming some games in the new year here.

Back