What's new
Using the board I posted
I will try again and leave it longer

The best pcb for all the fighting games is either the stock Namco 246 Jamma B pcb or the sega/Capcom JVS jamma pcb.

I had a Sega Type 1 IO at one point that 5DR wouldn't boot on. The game threw an IO error. Probably one of the earlier revisions of the IO. Just as a FYI.

@Franco23444
That is awesome - I see u are using an 291 board
I do not see that one listed here
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_System_246/256#I.2FO_Boards

UPDATE: Time Crisis 3 is a no go here
The V291 pcb is the same thing as the V185. I’m not sure why Namco rebranded it. It seems to be a common practice for them to rebrand I/O boards. Also, Time crisis 3 will not boot on the Namco system 256. It will only work on the system 246.
I was looking at that wiki page and I find it interesting that it list Vampire night and Cobra the arcade are compatible with the V185 pcb. Sadly, it’s not. The 2X6 will recognize the pcb but you can’t use the gun to play because vampire night is a CCD camera setup game and Cobra the arcade is a IR system game like Time Crisis 4. Just something new to learn :)

Last edited:
Ah that explains it - I am using a 256 right now
Good to know - i will modify the input file to make TC3 not playable on 256

Are there any others besides Bloody Roar 3 and Tekken 4 that will not work on the 256 using the 246+ mode?

Ah that explains it - I am using a 256 right now
Good to know - i will modify the input file to make TC3 not playable on 256

Are there any others besides Bloody Roar 3 and Tekken 4 that will not work on the 256 using the 246+ mode?
Well, just about every 246 CD game will not work on the system 256. This includes vampire night and Ridge Racer V:Arcade battle

Back