What's new

BladeZX

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have been working on a pcb to attach to the Pi to achieve a multi thru a web page on my cell phone
My IDE simulator should be here shortly
As soon as brizzo shares the Linux version of the dongle loader I will be able to test it out and hopefully switch games on my cell phone

The information to build the mult pcb are HERE

If you want the DVD slot version, it is HERE

Here is a prototype picture of the pcb

Attachments

• namco_2x6_selector.jpg
    namco_2x6_selector.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
OK I have the RPi connecting to the IDE simulator board and selecting the disc to load
I am kinda stuck on getting the dongle writing done until the Linux version of the tool is released
I will post a video of the interface

I'm so hyped to see your progress on this man. I net boot my naomi in a similar fashion, and I can't wait for that to be a reality on the 2x6.

are you using a rpi3 or a pizero? I would expect any would work.

Starting to setup everything in the 256
I hope to test shortly
Will have to manually load the dongle until the Linux software is released

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 387
OK we now have a fully automatic multi selector for the Namco 2X6
Thanks to @brizzo for sending me the dongle loader software for Linux, I am now able to load the game completely by just selecting the game from the web interface or using the buttons on the switcher pcb.
You will need to solder on a wire to your reset location on your Namco 246 or 256 as well as make a 3 wire jumper to connect to the 246+/256 mode on the Namco to the multi pcb. Other than that, the multi selector connects directly to the 40pin GPIO on the Rpi. You will need at least a RPi 3 model B as u will need 2 USB ports (one for IDE simulator and one connected to dongle)

I did notice that some games (Ridge Racer V, Time Crisis 3 and 4 for example) do not seem to load. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or maybe those are known issues
I have not tested all games

I will post a video of it in action soon

OK we now have a fully automatic multi selector for the Namco 2X6
Thanks to @brizzo for sending me the dongle loader software for Linux, I am now able to load the game completely by just selecting the game from the web interface or using the buttons on the switcher pcb.
You will need to solder on a wire to your reset location on your Namco 246 or 256 as well as make a 3 wire jumper to connect to the 246+/256 mode on the Namco to the multi pcb. Other than that, the multi selector connects directly to the 40pin GPIO on the Rpi. You will need at least a RPi 3 model B as u will need 2 USB ports (one for IDE simulator and one connected to dongle)

I did notice that some games (Ridge Racer V, Time Crisis 3 and 4 for example) do not seem to load. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or maybe those are known issues
I have not tested all games

I will post a video of it in action soon
Time Crisis needs a special variant of the board, and I think Ridge Racer needs a special I/O? I remember reading something about it needing to calibrate force-feedback on boot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Time Crisis needs a special variant of the board, and I think Ridge Racer needs a special I/O? I remember reading something about it needing to calibrate force-feedback on boot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
It needs the force feedback pcb to boot, any racing JVS pcb should work. A patch of the game should be available soon that disables or bypasses the force feedback test.

Looks amazing! I assume you can also use the buttons on the selector itself to choose the game?

Back