What's new
It is the size of the DVD bay that @Dreygor gave me
based on that it's way too big... I would recommend shrinking the horizontal size as much as possible.
I also like Dreygor's suggestion of including mounting holes in the corners.

well if it's a 5.25in wide bay and I wanted to mount 2x full-sized SD card slots along side it it would need to be around 3.75in wide or smaller to fit those comfortably.

You forgot to include the mounting holes!

Otherwise, looking great to me.

Last edited:
Yep I have added them now - it is about 3mm wider

See below for new design

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
namco_sys256_multi_selector.jpg

Sexy!

The width looks great, the mounting holes are great.

The GPIO connector may need to be raised slightly. since the pi wont fit vertically we'll have to use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P57N3TZ?psc=1&smid=AET9B0FNKDKRC&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

the metal plate in the drive area to the bottom of the opening on the 2x6 is 6mm, the opening is 42mm, assuming your board is ~40mm so that gives us 7mm from the bottom of your board to the metal plate.

from the lowest point on the pi to the GPIO mounting surface is 7mm, the female header not including pins is another 8mm figure 2mm of clearance under the Pi and 1mm for the header bend then the bottom of the GPIO pin header on your board would need to be 11mm from the bottom edge of your board to make it work.

Very excited about this! Just ordered the boards and will pick up the other parts.... :)

I will have (1) extra after I am done building these - if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
There is already a 3d printed mount for the ODE that sits it back a bit in the enclosure - I am hoping it all fits together nicely.

Very excited about this! Just ordered the boards and will pick up the other parts.... :)

I will have (1) extra after I am done building these - if anyone is interested.
Definitely hit me up if you do. I will likely want to buy it from you either assembled or just part is fine.

Back