What's new
Like it is on high speed all the time.
I noticed that too, mine does the same, but the projector, as most projectors do, gets very hot very fast, so the fan is a must. I serviced the fan and got a bit better but it is loud regardless. Good thing is, I cannot hear it at all during gameplay.

Like it is on high speed all the time.
Welcome to arcade ownership.

These cabinets were designed to be use in an actual arcade, which means that it's being cooled with all of the hot air from all of the other cabinets plus sweaty arcade patrons. Given the typically noisy environment of an arcade most cabinets just run fans at full blast 100% of the time because in an actual arcade you can't hear it anyway and it helps ensure that the machine runs reliably.

Projectors in particular get very hot. those lamps generate a ton of heat and how well their cooled is directly related to their lifespan. You're usually looking at good chunk of money for a replacement lamp if one fails (I've owned projectors in the past that had $450 lamps) so you'll want to make sure that fan works well, without it the lamp can cook itself in seconds.

i
Welcome to arcade ownership.

These cabinets were designed to be use in an actual arcade, which means that it's being cooled with all of the hot air from all of the other cabinets plus sweaty arcade patrons. Given the typically noisy environment of an arcade most cabinets just run fans at full blast 100% of the time because in an actual arcade you can't hear it anyway and it helps ensure that the machine runs reliably.
I'm used to loud fans, I have a Megalo 410 and being projector based the fans are like jet engines, but this POD one is particularly noisy and high pitched even by arcade standards.

I noticed that too, mine does the same, but the projector, as most projectors do, gets very hot very fast, so the fan is a must. I serviced the fan and got a bit better but it is loud regardless. Good thing is, I cannot hear it at all during gameplay.
I guess I will look into mine. I have to wear ear plugs to tone it down a bit. Probably doesn't help that yhe machine is in a smaller area. Thanks for the insight.

no news since these thrilling moments ?

at least someone got a starwars game in the lesser priced namco orb, that doesnt answer if he went thru emulation or real hdd swap,

13:22

at least someone got a starwars game in the lesser priced namco orb, that doesnt answer if he went thru emulation or real hdd swap,

the person I helped here was able to get his original software to work

both, I got the original HDD and dongle to work and I also built an HDD with a multi setup for star wars, match storm and an a few other games running on original hardware

Back