What's new

sodnine

Beginner
Reaction score
Heyo, first time cab owner, I just had this shipment show up from Gamesaru on Tuesday of this last week. I've been working on the Noir so far, and boy has it been a blast. I got it up and running on day 2, but not before some difficulties getting it in the door and a full panel removal!

photo_2023-05-27_09-39-36.jpg

photo_2023-05-27_09-39-40.jpg

photo_2023-05-27_09-39-43.jpg

photo_2023-05-27_09-39-45.jpg

photo_2023-05-27_09-39-49.jpg

On day 2 I wired in one of the IPFB from Jasen and got everything back together and playing. :)

photo_2023-05-27_09-42-24.jpg

photo_2023-05-27_09-42-27.jpg

photo_2023-05-27_09-42-30.jpg

photo_2023-05-27_09-42-32.jpg

I also just swapped in some new buttons and a fresh JLF last night.. can you tell i'm excited for Street Fighter 6?

photo_2023-05-27_09-42-35.jpg

I guess the to-do list I have set for myself right now is..
- Replace monitor with 32" 165hz LG
- Replace enclosure fans with quieter fans (Noctua/Be Quiet!)
- Design/print a button panel to replace the bananapass scanner and provide the buttons i'm missing (home, select/share, L1, L2) and a remote power switch for the computer inside
- Have the metal trim on top of the CP redone with fresh powdercoat
- Add an HDMI passthrough and Ethernet passthrough on the rear of the cabinet

The more I see inside of these cabs the more I'm convinced that they were designed & made in the same factory as the Lindy.

I'm looking forward to your progress on this great job so far.

The more I see inside of these cabs the more I'm convinced that they were designed & made in the same factory as the Lindy.

I'm looking forward to your progress on this great job so far.
You know, I don’t know as much about the arcade ecosystem as I thought I did! I am just recently seeing how much can be swapped around between the Namco machines. The noir, and this blue one with the gundam art, has always been a dream of mine. So proud to be with it now!

Well, I ordered the screen and it arrived today.. but I have stripped the monitor bolts holding the monitor up top. :thumbdown: I struggled with it for half an hour, ran an extractor through it, then the next size up extractor through it.. no success.

FxTctpyXsAAzxfU.jpg

I am surprised how easy it was to get to this point, though. The construction of the monitor as a whole is pretty nice!

I saw in another thread a recommendation of these "vampliers", so I ordered a pair of those and i'm going to give it a shot when they arrive on Wednesday. What a bummer!

FxTctpuWAAMD587.jpg

Weird your Noir has red decal on the centre with Blue speakers, my noir has red speakers and blue decal… Is that correct?

Weird your Noir has red decal on the centre with Blue speakers, my noir has red speakers and blue decal… Is that correct?
In regards to the access panel? I'm not sure actually, I hadn't noticed it.
Now that i'm looking in google though, good catch! Someone must have swapped my panel out at some point.

Nice - Here are my results from restoring the panels and getting rid of that ugly color scheme.

Attachments

• IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2208.jpeg
    IMG_2208.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 69
Nice - Here are my results from restoring the panels and getting rid of that ugly color scheme.
Funny you say that - i've been thinking the whole time.. why the heck did they go with light blue!?

I think the center grille being blue actually works, still, but a dark blue like what you used would be so much better.
The grille is screaming for a faint blue backlighting too, imo.

I managed to get the two bolts out that hold the light bar strip up top and run through the monitor railing. Man what a pain that was, but I didn't reach the drill and tap it stage yet, so i'll call that a success.

Attachments

• FxVHS7gX0AMqVGg.jpg
    FxVHS7gX0AMqVGg.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 33
In regards to the access panel? I'm not sure actually, I hadn't noticed it.
Now that i'm looking in google though, good catch! Someone must have swapped my panel out at some point.

Haha mine too, but I have seen a few like this now and wondered if it was done in the factory.

Ordered a 120mm noctua to swap in the rear while i've got the machine totally apart. Going to swap that in when it arrives tomorrow.

Going today after work to my dads shop to make a bracket to hold the monitor, i've got a cheap amazon wall vesa mount showing up today and i'm just going to mount a board and then mount the wall mount. I think there should be more than enough clearance and it'll be a really solid setup. Only wish I ordered that fan a little sooner to get it all back together quicker!

photo_2023-05-29_20-04-00.jpg

Haha mine too, but I have seen a few like this now and wondered if it was done in the factory.
That's definitely a possibility! It's weird how little pictures were out there for such a mass-produced machine prior to purchasing it. I was trying to show friends like.. it'll look like this - no wait, like this.. but with blue! :D

I meant to ask - your control panel metal overlay, did you do this refurb with paint or did you have the powdercoat redone? There's a powdercoat shop at the end of my street.. I haven't inquired with him about prices yet, but that seems like I should definitely go that route.

I meant to ask - your control panel metal overlay, did you do this refurb with paint or did you have the powdercoat redone? There's a powdercoat shop at the end of my street.. I haven't inquired with him about prices yet, but that seems like I should definitely go that route.
Proper powder coat. I think I only paid $20/panel? They were so rusted they were badly pitted and they had to grind them a bit to make it smooth again. Pretty big manufacturing flaw IMO.

Proper powder coat. I think I only paid $20/panel? They were so rusted they were badly pitted and they had to grind them a bit to make it smooth again. Pretty big manufacturing flaw IMO.
Whaaaat. Okay. I expected a tremendously higher cost, maybe $100 a pop. It sounds like I need to definitely seek that out!
Yeah, the person I bought my cabs from was telling me that the rust by the wrist was super common as well.

Wow, that sounds a bargain, was that also to remove the old coating?
Mine could do with being recoated as a previous owner has sprayed with black paint those areas which wear.

Yes. But don't use my experience as the market rate. Could be just my region/shop.

Little update while I wait to get off work and put this monitor bracket together..

I snipped off the stock fan harness end and soldered in a 3 pin extension so I could use a modern fan. Swapped out the stock for a Noctua 120mm and I can now sit in complete silence. What an upgrade!

Tonight I should have it all back together with a sparkly new monitor and newfound silence.

6F7B1B8F-537F-42CD-839E-9A34982768DF.jpeg
ED32C0E0-981D-4C0E-8696-2AF6A49509A7.jpeg
1564A556-E366-4344-B058-7D3B18E2246E.png

Back