What's new

jim197

Student
Reaction score
Updated this thread because I’m now drawing a blank on another issue, kept the first post at the end of this for brevity.

I swapped out the Tekken 3 that wasn’t crediting for another (semi functional) one I had on the shelf.
this board had a dodgy video board originally so I’ve swapped it for another I had and now this game plays completely blind.
There seems to be some signal getting through as it will show some artefact if when I (blindly) navigate to the JVS option screen and swap between component/rgb out.
Otherwise I’m getting absolutely nothing. It doesn’t seem to show anything vi Jamma either.
Any ideas?
TLDR game boots, there’s audio, can hear credit noise but shows nothing on screen - tested with two system 12 video boards

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
Hi folks, bit of a weird one this.
I’ve got a Tekken 3 running in one of my Vewlix cabs via JVS rather than Jamma but after being left on for any stretch of time it stops crediting and won’t allow the menu to be accessed. Has anyone ran into this problem, if so - what could be causing it.
I’ve had a poke around to see if it could be any missing components or something not making connection but there isn’t anything particularly obvious and I’m kind of drawing a blank?
Cheers in advance

Last edited:
it works and after a while it does not ?

if so that rings "caps" to me but I may be wrong.

What JVS IO are you using? How long does it take to stop working?

I’m using a Sega I/O using the pxlmod adapter.
Timing differs, it can stop working after around 10 minutes, sometimes an hour. It won’t register any credits either manually entered or via the coin chute.

Which Sega IO specifically? Is it just a single IO or linked? I ask because It sounds like a JVS error. You can open the test menu and watch the IO debug screen and see if it eventually loses connection.

I can see if mine does the same, but I don't have a Sega type 2 or 3.

Thankyou, it’s a type 3 unfortunately.
837-14572.
The cab I’ve tried it in has a Taito type X2 running via JVS for most of the day everyday, that never seems to have any buggy episodes

From what I could see, it seems like very early production units of Tekken 3 have an issue with JVS, I know mine is some times finicky with JVS but works well using JAMMA. The early versions also have factory rewiring work done to them, some near the audio amp and another near the JVS USB port…

Do you think this would is an issue with the motherboard or the rom board?
I ask because I actually have two different revision motherboards but the top board was damaged on my second and it’s probably beyond repair.

Last edited:
Updated the og post - I’m now getting no visual at all either via JVS or Jamma

I have my Tekken 3 board connected via JVS and sometimes it does not boot it says good morning and then nothing happens most of the time it says twice good morning and then works. Its kind of weird any idea whats wrong?

Back