What's new
So glad I didn’t sell my Marvel Land PCB or attempt the Valkyrie conversion. Sign me up!

Both are good. Marvel Land is a lot of fun but very difficult and frustrating at times.

I think Valkyrie for me is top tier on the system, a top down action game with RPG elements developed by Namco from that era? Can’t really go wrong.

The multi will axe the need for a gazillion EPROMs and the lengthy conversion process to play it in English.

Gave up hope that this multi would ever come to life, but very welcoming news that it has!

Thats great news :happy:
Is lovely to try the conversions . I tried Phelios (en & jp sets) & Rolling Thunder 2 (jp), but tbh … alot of eeproms everytime are involved . Sadly are not so much infos worldwide about Metal Hawk . I , personally didnt seen this game so far in my searchings 🙏🏻

Well this is very exciting! Donor time... :S
for everybody who will look for donors …

try to avoid Super World Stadium 92 . Why ? because this set , even have CUS102 , isnt used by this game and if this is faulty , you will dont know .

Super World Stadium 93 is good donor too, beside rest of the titles ✌🏻

Or if you want to risk , get one set (super world stadium 92) , try to convert in a game title that multi will support it and you will see from there if everything is good or not .

Last edited:
Namco system 2 rom board.
102 chip

Attachments

• 2023-12-02 16.15.30.jpg
    2023-12-02 16.15.30.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 2023-12-02 16.15.34.jpg
    2023-12-02 16.15.34.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 66
Is there a list yet? If so then add me. Some great games on this hardware

@AlxUnderBase I was under the impression the Darksoft list above were the suitable donors. I'm guessing that's just a list of desirable games on the multi, and all the sports titles are also suitable donors?

@AlxUnderBase I was under the impression the Darksoft list above were the suitable donors. I'm guessing that's just a list of desirable games on the multi, and all the sports titles are also suitable donors?
  • Assault
  • Assault Plus
  • Bubble Trouble: Golly! Ghost! 2
  • Burning Force
  • Cosmo Gang - The Video
  • Dirt Fox
  • Dragon Saber
  • Gholly Ghost
  • Finest Hour
  • Kyuukai Douchuuki
  • Marvel Land
  • Mirai Ninja
  • Ordyne
  • Phelios
  • Rolling Thunder 2
  • Legend of the Valkyrie
  • Super World Stadium
  • Super World Stadium 92 (but here i wrote in previous message what is needed to do to be sure you have a good donor)
  • Super World Stadium 93
Rest of Namco System 2 games arent good donors and the games from multi will be same as donors ones mentioned ✌🏻 :happy:

Last edited:
It would be nice if the shooting games like Golly Ghost and Steel Gunner will be included in the multi as well.

Golly Ghost
Golly Ghost uses an electro-mechanical underlay on the screen it looks like this:
IMG_7265.jpeg

there is a split mirror in front of it and the CRT overlays the ghosts, and the game actually controls movement on this underlay. not to mention I think this game also uses a separate display for the score.

The game will "play" but without all of the original supporting hardware it's not going to be worth playing at all.

Bubble Trouble works the exact same way, so that game is also out.

Steel Gunner
Steel Gunner, Steel Gunner 2, and Metal Hawk all use different graphics hardware. so your donor literally wont have the right chips to run these games.

Interesting setup. Didn't know those 2 games are using a physical setup.

Back