What's new
A heads-up, the "last" seven has been produced, I have put 5 in the web store in case some of them have issues (haven't done QA/factory init on them yet). With "last", I mean that more will most likely not be available for quite some time. In the coming months I will focus on family and the try to get the scaler out.
I am lucky guy I order last week and receved it this week...

In the coming months I will focus on family and the try to get the scaler out.
I almost bought an OSSC the other day, glad I got waylaid with other stuff. I’ll be getting one of your scalers instead. 8)

Hi Guys,

Before buying this product, (since there is stock) i want to make sure it will be the right choice:

I want to play cps2 on the VEWLIX F machine WITH NO INPUT LAG.

1- Tried to connect it via supergun+OSSC But no monitor signal

2- tried to connect via cps2 hdmi marqs directly to the monitor and no signal

Can you please let me know the schema of components that i need to make it work.

I dont want to spend 600usd on vewlix jamma kit, also i dont find it.

@PascalP @jassin000 @invzim help!!!

Thank you!

Vewlix monitors are very picky when the sync is not exactly 60Hz.
OSSC doesn’t touch the sync but only resolution, so whatever sync rate is on the input comes out on the output.

I don’t have a Vewlix myself, but I know that you can ‘fix’ this with a DVDO VP50 for example to lock the sync at 60Hz exact.

So you would get:
CPS2 -> Supergun -> OSSC -> VP50 -> Vewlix monitor

Hi Guys,

Before buying this product, (since there is stock) i want to make sure it will be the right choice:

Can you please let me know the schema of components that i need to make it work.

Thank you!
The Jammafier in itself does not touch the CPS2 video signal, at all - it only deals with power delivery and user controls. So everything you can find about cps2 video and vewlix will still hold true. The tri-sync helper (currently out of stock..) changes the video-signal and sync to be more compatible with a lot of things.

I may do a few more tri-sync helpers before Jammafiers are back in stock - https://irkenlabs.com/59-the-last-jammafier-for-now

OSSC doesn’t touch the sync but only resolution, so whatever sync rate is on the input comes out on the output.

I don’t have a Vewlix myself, but I know that you can ‘fix’ this with a DVDO VP50 for example to lock the sync at 60Hz exact.

So you would get:
the problem I heard is that vp50 adds input lag which is not acceptable to play ssf2x on acompetitive point of view

@PascalP can I lock the sync with RETROTINK?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Thank you!
The Jammafier in itself does not touch the CPS2 video signal, at all - it only deals with power delivery and user controls. So everything you can find about cps2 video and vewlix will still hold true. The tri-sync helper (currently out of stock..) changes the video-signal and sync to be more compatible with a lot of things.
I may do a few more tri-sync helpers before Jammafiers are back in stock - https://irkenlabs.com/59-the-last-jammafier-for-now
so i only need to buy tri sync helper? Or both jammafier and tri sync? Can you make clear which components i need to use?

So you would get:
the problem I heard is that vp50 adds input lag which is not acceptable to play ssf2x on acompetitive point of view
@PascalP can I lock the sync with RETROTINK?
No idea, I see the Retrotink also doesn’t have RGB inputs so you would have to convert RGB to Component first

And if you are really worried about lag, that is also added by your LCD...
If you want to reduce it to a minimum, ditch the Vewlix and get a proper CRT cab I would say ;)

Last edited:
It adds lag that's true, but something else is going on with your setup because CPS1-2-3 are NOT PCBs that require sync adjustment.
It will display just fine as long as the OSSC is configured in a compatible way (I think 2x or 3x will work but not 4x or 5x esp 5x if you don't have a 1080p LCD).

I suspect you are trying to adapt the OSSC's output into something strange.
Just go HDMI to DVI and connect the DVI directly to your Vewlix LCD, connect the RCA output of the CPS2 directly to your Vewlix cab amp.

OSSC is kinda fiddly to get working on Vewlix because the LCD is so picky, but honestly it produces the best image quality.
Better than the xRGB Mini, even better than Taito's own scaler in every category but one... Taito produces an analog image that is 640x480/VGA compliant (so it works with more displays).
If you want to reduce it to a minimum, ditch the Vewlix and get a proper CRT cab I would say
This is a terrible idea, Vewlix is one of the best arcade machines ever made!
Pascal dose make a good point believe it or not however... IF lag was the primary concern, Vewlix isn't the best choice here.

I tolerate the lag, don't get me wrong I still work to minimize it whenever possible...
I consider it a drawback to using LCD display tech, but for me personally the other positives of an LCD cab are worth the trade off.

Negative:
Lag
Narrow viewing angle
Improper blacks
Narrow sync range
Improper ratio (I keep mine set to 4:3 so its wasted screen space only)

Positive:
Lighter
Smaller/thinner
Easy/safe to service, no high voltage transformers, nothing to discharge
Easy to get replacements (brand new directly from Taito, brand new homemade or even used LCDs from Craigslist)
Easy to rotate (see lighter/thinner/etc)
Syncs ranges above 31khz (640x480~1920x1080 *on some models)
No convergence to adjust (all dot cloths are perfect)
Accepts both analog D-Sub and digital DVI input
No image retention (aka screen burn-in)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything with a frame buffer will add lag. The OSSC is fast because it doesn't have one. Lack of frame buffer also means it can't correct frame timing.

It adds lag that's true, but something else is going on with your setup because CPS1-2-3 are NOT PCBs that require sync adjustment.It will display just fine as long as the OSSC is configured in a compatible way (I think 2x or 3x will work but not 4x or 5x esp 5x if you don't have a 1080p LCD).

I suspect you are trying to adapt the OSSC's output into something strange.
Just go HDMI to DVI and connect the DVI directly to your Vewlix LCD, connect the RCA output of the CPS2 directly to your Vewlix cab amp.

OSSC is kinda fiddly to get working on Vewlix because the LCD is so picky, but honestly it produces the best image quality.
Better than the xRGB Mini, even better than Taito's own scaler in every category but one... Taito produces an analog image that is 640x480/VGA compliant (so it works with more displays).
If you want to reduce it to a minimum, ditch the Vewlix and get a proper CRT cab I would say
This is a terrible idea, Vewlix is one of the best arcade machines ever made!Pascal dose make a good point believe it or not however... IF lag was the primary concern, Vewlix isn't the best choice here.

I tolerate the lag, don't get me wrong I still work to minimize it whenever possible...
I consider it a drawback to using LCD display tech, but for me personally the other positives of an LCD cab are worth the trade off.

Negative:
Lag
Narrow viewing angle
Improper blacks
Narrow sync range
Improper ratio (I keep mine set to 4:3 so its wasted screen space only)

Positive:
Lighter
Smaller/thinner
Easy/safe to service, no high voltage transformers, nothing to discharge
Easy to get replacements (brand new directly from Taito, brand new homemade or even used LCDs from Craigslist)
Easy to rotate (see lighter/thinner/etc)
Syncs ranges above 31khz (640x480~1920x1080 *on some models)
No convergence to adjust (all dot cloths are perfect)
Accepts both analog D-Sub and digital DVI input
No image retention (aka screen burn-in)
ill try to set correctly the ossc, thanks dude!!

This is a terrible idea, Vewlix is one of the best arcade machines ever made!Pascal dose make a good point believe it or not however... IF lag was the primary concern, Vewlix isn't the best choice here.
must be a special day in history if @jassin000 tells someone they make a good point :P

Don’t get me wrong, I love Vewlix cabs and the design of it and would prefer one for TTX2/3, System 369 etc stuff, but for 15KHz stuff I would take a CRT cab anyday :thumbup:

I fixed the issue!! It was a matter of config, i have blast city also, but to be honest i prefer the feeling of playing on lcd lahless tv, the scaling on ossc is just BRILLIANT, and no input lag

Warning! Using the Jammafier in dual-power setups, i.e. game is not powered directly from the Jammafier is not supported or recommended.
Yup, the neo-geo layout is like you wrote. The dual-power stuff is if the jammafier is powered by one PSU, while the game connected to it is powered by something else (possibly on the other side of a 220->110V ac converter), not recommended nor usual - but someone tried it without much success.
Iw ill use that for my Saturn...I must use console PSU...I try it I hop dont make trouble...

Retroblog%2520-%2520Saturn2Jamma%2520%25232.jpg

thanks for correcting I forgot it needed to be powered !

Last edited:
Back