What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Figured this is a good idea for a thread.

Drop a pic of what you need identified, and eventually this will become a nice resource.

I'll start with this: what are these guys called? Don't seem to match up with anything in the AO wiki, and I tried browsing Mouser a bit, but sheesh.

1656479803338.png

I got what should be a super simple one

Is this the 2-pin Female TE AMP UP - 176292-1?

Connects with the 2-pin Male TE AMP UP - 176271-1?

Currently hanging freely inside an Astro City and measures 110v which I assume is for the fluro?

Attachments

• 20220628_195547.jpg
    20220628_195547.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220628_195616.jpg
    20220628_195616.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 60
I'm not sure if this should be in a separate thread but whilst we're on the subject, I did think it might be nice to have a community database for all the commonly used connectors/contacts and I started to mock up a spreadsheet a while back - [Arcade Connector Database]

The idea being it would contain everything you need to know about connectors. What they're called, part numbers, positions/columns/rows/pitch etc,. where to buy them etc. We could have a link to a datasheet, a link to another tab or somewhere that has a photo of the connector, additional notes about where they are used etc.

You could then search/filter for a connector just based on what it looks like or what it's used on.

I thought it might be nice to have some additional tabs with various other information/resources; Information on how to crimp contacts and the tools needed, how to remove pins, how to ID connectors by measuring pitch etc.

I think between us we could probably fill something like this in fairly quickly and it could become be really handy resource.

I'm no excel wizard by any means. If any one has any more ideas or wants to play with it then feel free.

How about the speaker and headphone connector on older MVS boards, they are 4 pin and female. Thanks.

Great minds :D

It could be a good idea to have something external to AP so other arcade forums can access it to contribute to and benefit from.

@FrancoB feel free to yank any info on that thread to your database.

I halted updating it due to the image limitations on the site.

I think this thread is a good idea for people to post into for ID’s and maybe you can consolidate the info when you have time.

I'm not sure if this should be in a separate thread but whilst we're on the subject, I did think it might be nice to have a community database for all the commonly used connectors/contacts and I started to mock up a spreadsheet a while back - [Arcade Connector Database]

The idea being it would contain everything you need to know about connectors. What they're called, part numbers, positions/columns/rows/pitch etc,. where to buy them etc. We could have a link to a datasheet, a link to another tab or somewhere that has a photo of the connector, additional notes about where they are used etc.

You could then search/filter for a connector just based on what it looks like or what it's used on.

I thought it might be nice to have some additional tabs with various other information/resources; Information on how to crimp contacts and the tools needed, how to remove pins, how to ID connectors by measuring pitch etc.

I think between us we could probably fill something like this in fairly quickly and it could become be really handy resource.

I'm no excel wizard by any means. If any one has any more ideas or wants to play with it then feel free.
That's a great idea, because at current everything is so scattered about. Info here, KLOV, the AO wiki, your spreadsheet, djsheep's thread, etc etc etc. One place of reference would be nice, and a google sheet makes sense since it won't require membership to a site (here, KLOV), or even rely on AO continuing to be up.

Now if only useful threads like this got stickied, we'd know they exist! Really though, I was thinking of this as a "ask for an ID, get an ID" for the most part, and they may find their answer is already here.

I'll see what I can do to expand the spreadsheet when I get time. I'm really time poor at the moment, hell I'm poor everything :D I'll try and get some more examples in at least and sort out some of the formatting/filtering etc.

Hopefully it could be a community effort, many hands make light work and all of that....

Deffo get that other thread stickied, I didn't know it existed either. This thread can also be used for general ID questions and then any missing info can be passed onto the database. We can have a link to the database at the top of the thread(s).

That's a great idea, because at current everything is so scattered about. Info here, KLOV, the AO wiki, your spreadsheet, djsheep's thread, etc etc etc. One place of reference would be nice, and a google sheet makes sense since it won't require membership to a site (here, KLOV), or even rely on AO continuing to be up.
Yeah, I knew the other thread existed, but I couldn't quite remember who started it. All I remembered was I had commented on it so I managed to find it that way.
Now if only useful threads like this got stickied, we'd know they exist! Really though, I was thinking of this as a "ask for an ID, get an ID" for the most part, and they may find their answer is already here.
Totally. Just knowing the nomenclature for this stuff helps immensely with searching for it. Even sometimes just knowing the proper name for something instead of "thingy", "widget", "wotsit", "doohicky", etc. and that's not even limited to this hobby.

Recently picked up a Naomi with a Virtua Tennis. The Cabinet was made in USA and not sure if related but the wiring does not appear to be sega standard. The harness is still JVS and appears to be in good shape but I know I'll need a kick for the 2l12b panel. So I will have to have it reworked or do it myself which will require one more connector. Anyway just looking to know more about these connectors and where they might be available to source. I think industries lorenzo or happ maybe? But I really have no idea. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 62
A bit outside of the Arcade realm, but anybody know the connector type & pins needed for a Dreamcast fan connector?

Back