What's new

rememberizer

Student
Reaction score
I've had this chassis for a while now and I still have no idea what causes this issue. The thread title says it all: the left half of the screen is wider than the right half. Quite jarring in fighting games since p1 is bigger than p2, and spacing becomes different as soon as you cross the the middle of the screen. The monitor works great otherwise.

Anyone have ideas? Which part of the board controls the geometry of the left side of the screen? I would try testing and replacing parts from there if I knew where to look.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1680940032502.jpg
    FB_IMG_1680940032502.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 53
I don't think there is a horizontal linearity adjustment to fix that but you can try changing the wide/narrow setting (if it's on the chassis) and then adjusting horizontal size and position to see if it can be less worse. I don't know if it's something you can completely fix.

Worth checking if any of the magnets on the sides of the yoke fell.

Check the last few messages from this thread
Post in thread 'Nanao MS8 buzzing sound'
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/nanao-ms8-buzzing-sound.19947/post-313815

I got an MS9-29 that came without one of these small yoke magnets and was having a bit of horizontal linearity issue and also the convergence wasn’t as great as it could. I fixed by putting a magnet of a dead tube, readjusted convergence and it looks great now.

It's not a magnet issue. I tested the chassis on many Aero City cabinets and the problem remains.

Back