What's new

raynex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently bought this Naomi 2 with the intention of repairing it after diagnosing what could be wrong, but I see it's been touched before. The supercap is gone, so at the very least I think the original owner knew some things about this PCB. Now, I also noticed the IC in the pic below missing. Is this part of a known mod or potentially a board that was starting to be used literally For Parts? I tried searching the web for any board mods and came up empty regarding this. Any ideas would be appreciated it.
1710884326053.jpeg

Datasheet for MB84256A is 32KB SRAM, so should be easy to replace. My guess is either an attempted repair, or robbed for parts to repair another board. In the latter case it may mean other parts are broken as well.

Datasheet for MB84256A is 32KB SRAM, so should be easy to replace. My guess is either an attempted repair, or robbed for parts to repair another board. In the latter case it may mean other parts are broken as well.
That latter part is what concerned me. If it's stupid cheap, I might buy one and pop it on there and see what the behavior is and go from there on this board.

Back