What's new

tonyt76

Grand Master
Reaction score
Do I need the new multi bios if I have the patched AW ROMs?

mathieulh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need the new multi bios if I have the patched AW ROMs?
You don't, if you use the old multibios you may stumble upon issues though.
If you are using a vanilla bios you are fine or the proper multibios you are fine.

tonyt76

Grand Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I purchased my Naomi 2 with a multi bios already installed so it’s probably the old version.

Heatermania

Student
Reaction score
Is anyone selling physical chips that are pre-programmed? I don't have a programmer and my current bios is Japanese. I'd like to be able to play the english versions of what's available.

the Goat

Grand Master
Reaction score
Is anyone selling physical chips that are pre-programmed? I don't have a programmer and my current bios is Japanese. I'd like to be able to play the english versions of what's available.
I do. Send me a PM if interested.

Kavas

Champion
Reaction score
Mitsu sold me mine for any others interested.

crans

Student
Reaction score
Anyone have issues burning the naomi 2 bios? Got the naomi 1 burnt no issue but for some reason 2 kept failing at the first write, chip verified blank. Will try a fifth attempt at blanking and programming.

Tested on two different chips with same results. Programmer GQ-x4 with adapter.

the Goat

Grand Master
Reaction score
Anyone have issues burning the naomi 2 bios? Got the naomi 1 burnt no issue but for some reason 2 kept failing at the first write, chip verified blank. Will try a fifth attempt at blanking and programming.

Tested on two different chips with same results. Programmer GQ-x4 with adapter.
I burned and used the Naomi 2 BIOS without issue.

Suteneko

Beginner
Reaction score
I've been experiencing soft locks at I-no on Guilty Gear XX Slash using the old Multi-BIOS, so kind of hoping these new ones stop that happening.

LordsXO

Beginner
Reaction score
This is great! A good check would be Spawn on NAOMI, if I remember right it will crash at a splash screen if no credits are inserted (on the "old" multi bios)

This new Bios fixes the issue in Spawn. I had it in attract mode for 30 minutes without it freezing. No freezing after playing a few rounds, then back into attract. So it solved that problem for sure.

skate323k137

Champion
Reaction score
This new Bios fixes the issue in Spawn. I had it in attract mode for 30 minutes without it freezing. No freezing after playing a few rounds, then back into attract. So it solved that problem for sure.
Thanks so much for confirming!