What's new
Do I need the new multi bios if I have the patched AW ROMs?

Do I need the new multi bios if I have the patched AW ROMs?
You don't, if you use the old multibios you may stumble upon issues though.
If you are using a vanilla bios you are fine or the proper multibios you are fine.

Thanks! I purchased my Naomi 2 with a multi bios already installed so it’s probably the old version.

Is anyone selling physical chips that are pre-programmed? I don't have a programmer and my current bios is Japanese. I'd like to be able to play the english versions of what's available.

Is anyone selling physical chips that are pre-programmed? I don't have a programmer and my current bios is Japanese. I'd like to be able to play the english versions of what's available.
I do. Send me a PM if interested.

Mitsu sold me mine for any others interested.

Anyone have issues burning the naomi 2 bios? Got the naomi 1 burnt no issue but for some reason 2 kept failing at the first write, chip verified blank. Will try a fifth attempt at blanking and programming.

Tested on two different chips with same results. Programmer GQ-x4 with adapter.

Anyone have issues burning the naomi 2 bios? Got the naomi 1 burnt no issue but for some reason 2 kept failing at the first write, chip verified blank. Will try a fifth attempt at blanking and programming.

Tested on two different chips with same results. Programmer GQ-x4 with adapter.
I burned and used the Naomi 2 BIOS without issue.

I've been experiencing soft locks at I-no on Guilty Gear XX Slash using the old Multi-BIOS, so kind of hoping these new ones stop that happening.

This is great! A good check would be Spawn on NAOMI, if I remember right it will crash at a splash screen if no credits are inserted (on the "old" multi bios)

This new Bios fixes the issue in Spawn. I had it in attract mode for 30 minutes without it freezing. No freezing after playing a few rounds, then back into attract. So it solved that problem for sure.

This new Bios fixes the issue in Spawn. I had it in attract mode for 30 minutes without it freezing. No freezing after playing a few rounds, then back into attract. So it solved that problem for sure.
Thanks so much for confirming!

Just wondering, did somebody get HotD2 to run in 15khz with this bios?

Just wondering, did somebody get HotD2 to run in 15khz with this bios?
you mean my netboot hack of HotD2 ? it does include older revision of BIOS, which runs 1st and then game itself. so, in theory, it doesnt care at all which BIOS ROM chip is in NAOMI.

you mean my netboot hack of HotD2 ? it does include older revision of BIOS, which runs 1st and then game itself. so, in theory, it doesnt care at all which BIOS ROM chip is in NAOMI.
I'm using the one included in the WiPi image by @chunksin, according to the csv the romname is "n1-the_house_of_the_dead_2-[834-13636].bin.gz". Is that yours? If so, should it be able to run in 15khz? If not, do you have the link to your image? :)

I'm using the one included in the WiPi image by @chunksin, according to the csv the romname is "n1-the_house_of_the_dead_2-[834-13636].bin.gz". Is that yours? If so, should it be able to run in 15khz? If not, do you have the link to your image? :)
probably it's it, there was no other (working) hacks of this game to my knowledge. no idea about 15kHz, is there any problems with that ?
sorry no links. I'm usually do some hacky stuff, share it and then delete (because it's useless for me), but I think here should be links in some thread where it was released

Back