What's new
Don't think I got an answer to my question before, but is there any reason to opt for a newer rpi her? Is zero or 3 sufficient, or is there any additional functionality with 4?

Don't think I got an answer to my question before, but is there any reason to opt for a newer rpi her? Is zero or 3 sufficient, or is there any additional functionality with 4?
No additional functionality on rpi4 so it's only your choiche, but take in mind you need wifi and ethernet lan at minimum... So take your choiche

Pi 3B or 3B+ are fine, if you use a zero you'll need an external ethernet adaptor to plug into the netdimm as it doesn't have one onboard

No additional functionality on rpi4 so it's only your choiche, but take in mind you need wifi and ethernet lan at minimum... So take your choiche
Pi 3B or 3B+ are fine, if you use a zero you'll need an external ethernet adaptor to plug into the netdimm as it doesn't have one onboard
Thank you both for the input :)

Is there a way we can have it send a game by default on boot? I tried single mode, and it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Apologies, I may have been inadvertently broken it in the last version, I neglected to copy a couple of updated files across, tested and working in the next release

How are you guys powering on the pi in the cab? Separate power adapter to the wall, or any way to use the power in the cab?

7C8ls0W.jpg

The way I've done mine is cut the end of a micro usb cable.

The red and black cables of the usb cable represents the 5v and ground - you don't need the green or white.

Connect additional wires as the usb wires are too thin to crimp on to a terminal.

Crimp two ends to 1 (5v) and 4 (gnd) of the connector and bobs your uncle - usb power connector.

7C8ls0W.jpg

The way I've done mine is cut the end of a micro usb cable.

The red and black cables of the usb cable represents the 5v and ground - you don't need the green or white.

Connect additional wires as the usb wires are too thin to crimp on to a terminal.

Crimp two ends to 1 (5v) and 4 (gnd) of the connector and bobs your uncle - usb power connector.
Thank you! But where do you connect the other side to then?

Pin 1 is 5v, Pin 4 is GND. CN12 is on the Naomi filter board with all the other connections (check the silkscreen on the PCB).

What is the JST connector actually called? I am not finding it searching the shops JST segment

See below

Last edited:
Version 5 is available for download, link is in the first post in the thread. New additions are wifi configuration in the setup menu so you can change the hotspot SSID and password or join the Pi to home wifi. The function scans your available SSIDs and you can either choose it from a drop down or manually type it in if you hide your SSID, enter your password and press Apply and the Pi will reboot several times and remove the hotspot feature, joining your home network.

Another new feature is a rom audit scan function you can use if your files aren't appearing in the main game list without having to edit the CSV file. It scans the file headers and identifies each game based on its game name and unique 4 character code. This can either add your filenames to the CSV file as they are or update them to a similar format to how @Murray defined a few pages ago (thanks!):

n1-game_name_code.bin for Naomi 1
n2_game_name_code.bin for Naomi 2
aw_game_name_code.bin for Atomiswave
ch-game_name_code.bin for Chihiro
tf-game_name_code.bin for Triforce

It will display successes, failures, duplicates and unknown titles in the scan results so you can manually edit your files or the CSV file. If you have multiple versions of the same rom, eg. Marvel vs Capcom and Marvel vs Capcom Unlocked it will flag one as a duplicate so you'll need to manually update the CSV data for the other one. This will currently mark Atomiswave games as a valid rom but an unknown title, however this will soon change ;)

Huge thanks to @bobbydilley for his help with the rom identification code :)

I've also added a help page, just browse to /help.php to view, single boot mode is also working again!

Last edited:
Back