What's new
So did you set up the IP in the DIMM and WiPi setup?
Are you using a crossover network cable?
I don’t believe you need a crossover cable anymore. The RPi sorts out whatever type of cable you connect now.

I can't get the card reader part to comply eiter.. even with the new launchcard.php.
I have a TrendNet adapter but I think its an older version.. the one that looks like this https://www.elfa.se/Web/WebShopImages/landscape_large/3-/01/Trendnet-TU-S9-30084383-01.jpg could that be the problem? The v3 that you have is sold out everywhere in Europe.
Both versions should work fine, I've used the old and new ones with my setup. Do you have any other serial adaptors plugged in or just the TrendNet? what error do you get?

Both versions should work fine, I've used the old and new ones with my setup. Do you have any other serial adaptors plugged in or just the TrendNet? what error do you get?
Just the Trendnet adapter in a USB port and the network cable.. I'll try again tonight and get back to you but I think it just says "no adapter" or something in the Pi.. The N2 (playing ID2) flash "Initilizing CW" before showing "Error CW" and in the game menu it says Ready and when I try to initilaize the reader it fails and shows error...

Just the Trendnet adapter in a USB port and the network cable.. I'll try again tonight and get back to you but I think it just says "no adapter" or something in the Pi.. The N2 (playing ID2) flash "Initilizing CW" before showing "Error CW" and in the game menu it says Ready and when I try to initilaize the reader it fails and shows error...
The message is probably 'No serial adaptor detected - Please check connections' - with your adaptor connected check the port is available with 'ls /dev/ttyUSB*' from an ssh terminal - you should see /dev/ttyUSB0 returned, if not your adaptor might be faulty. If it does show /dev/ttyUSB0, check the launchcard.php file for these lines:

if (readlink("/dev/COM1")){
echo 'COM1 is present - checking ports<br>';
$comport = readlink("/dev/COM1");
$compath = '/dev/'.$comport;
echo 'COM1 path: '.$compath.'<br>';
foreach ($devices as $device) {
if ($device != $compath){
$emuport = $device;
}
}
}
else{
$emuport = '/dev/ttyUSB0';
}

If you're using an FTDI chipset adaptor for OpenJVS I create an alias of COM1 when plugged in so it knows where to launch, then scans the others present to find one for the card reader. The 'else' statement above is the critical one.

If you're using an FTDI chipset adaptor for OpenJVS I create an alias of COM1 when plugged in so it knows where to launch, then scans the others present to find one for the card reader. The 'else' statement above is the critical one.
Nothing like that just stock R.Pi4..
I'll check for ttyUSB0 tonight. :thumbup:
--Edit-- If it replies with ttyUSB1 I should just edit the script?

I did need it yesterday.
For old versions of Pi perhaps? I’m 99% sure they’re auto sensing now. At least my model 2 and 3 are… running a standard cable.

Nothing like that just stock R.Pi4..
I'll check for ttyUSB0 tonight. :thumbup:
--Edit-- If it replies with ttyUSB1 I should just edit the script?
Sure, you can also hardcode it in the launch command further down:

Change this line:

$command2 = escapeshellcmd('sudo python /sbin/piforce/card_emulator/'.$mode.'cardemu.py -cp '.$emuport.' -f /boot/config/cards/'.$mode.'/'.$card);

to read:

$command2 = escapeshellcmd('sudo python /sbin/piforce/card_emulator/'.$mode.'cardemu.py -cp /dev/ttyUSB1 -f /boot/config/cards/'.$mode.'/'.$card);

For old versions of Pi perhaps? I’m 99% sure they’re auto sensing now. At least my model 2 and 3 are… running a standard cable.
Dude, I'm 100% sure I had to dig around in boxes in my garage yesterday to find a red cross over cable. 100%.

All good. Thanks for giving us the heads up. What model Pi do you have?

The message is probably 'No serial adaptor detected - Please check connections' - with your adaptor connected check the port is available with 'ls /dev/ttyUSB*' from an ssh terminal - you should see /dev/ttyUSB0 returned, if not your adaptor might be faulty. If it does show /dev/ttyUSB0, check the launchcard.php file for these lines:

if (readlink("/dev/COM1")){
echo 'COM1 is present - checking ports<br>';
$comport = readlink("/dev/COM1");
$compath = '/dev/'.$comport;
echo 'COM1 path: '.$compath.'<br>';
foreach ($devices as $device) {
if ($device != $compath){
$emuport = $device;
}
}
}
else{
$emuport = '/dev/ttyUSB0';
}

ttyUSB0 is returned “Else” statement is also present.

I’ll give ID2 rev B Jap a go and see if there’s any difference.

Didn’t work. Even measured the cable to the Naomi. I’ll see if I can get hold of another brand d-sub 2 USB adapter…

Thank you all for holding my hand, it was easy peezy once I changed the IP Address per the instructions. This new interface is miles better than the old one, and the image with all the games is great. Thanks @chunksin for the great work, it's incredible man. I'd love to buy you a beer/coffee!

What 3.5" screen do you recommend? I have one I bought a while ago - but it's touch sensing is horrible and the scroll speed is just not usable.

Matt

They are all like that unfortunately at a reasonable price, I also tried an hdmi one which was faster but the touch technology is the same so not great to use. I use an MHS35 screen which by default gives you about 10fps but cranking the SPI rate gets up to about 30fps which is fine for the preview videos. I'm planning to create an attract mode to display the game logo of the current running game and maybe a few useful links via a cut down menu.

Thanks - the website on a mobile is better.... obviously - maybe I will switch to the LCD module.

Back