What's new
Thanks for the reply! Can you elaborate as to how to get to the piforcetools.py file to make the modification? The Pi is in a case and is not connected to WiFi (to my knowledge) - is there an easy way to get to the file somehow and/or to use remote into the Pi and make the change? How were you able to go about actually getting to the file and making the change?
I appreciate the help!

I just use SSH to get in via the terminal. I don't think there is a way to do it otherwise.

If you're running the WiPi image on a Pi3 it will be running a hotspot network called WiPi-Netbooter, connect to that using password segarocks then use WinSCP to connect to 192.168.42.1. The file you need is in /sbin/piforce/lcd-piforcetools

Also, make sure you set the LCD mode to 16x9 in Options!

Thanks! Ok - so I am able to see WiPi Netbooter and connect with no issues. I am connecting via SSH to the pi and it asks for username and password so I assume it is the default of pi and raspberry, however, that is not working. Is there another username and password? I assume segarocks is for the WiFi only; is there a specific username and password to connect to the Pi3 using SSH?

Thanks everyone! Finally got it! Very happy to finally get this setup done...WiPi is awesome and looking forward to the future revisions as well.

Making good progress on the Naomi menu thanks to @DragonMinded - thanks for all of your help, much appreciated, sorry for the slew of questions!

I've got the toolchain built so I can make changes and have done a tiny bit of customisation, right and left now skips up and down the games list a screen at a time, I've updated the font and the colour scheme, just messing about really. The timers have been adjusted slightly to accommodate the compressed ROMs used in WiPi and the unzip process has been optimised to shave off a few seconds of load time. The stubborn games that refuse to reboot are still an issue, there seems to be around a 30 second delay between issuing the command and the game responding but it will eventually return to the menu again. The reset button combo for OpenJVS has been changed to start+2 other buttons and is working really well so it shouldn't be long until I'm ready to release, I'm also removing triforcetools and moving to the @DragonMinded netboot suite of tools.
Any news on this? Would LOVE the on-screen menu. Just upgraded to v6 the other day and it works flawless as usual.

It's pretty much completed and was in final testing before Christmas, I was hoping to get a release out but we had a family bereavement that has put everything on hold, will be back to it in the next few weeks
Oh very sorry to hear! No rush obviously ill sit tight until theres news. Thanks a lot for answering!

It's pretty much completed and was in final testing before Christmas, I was hoping to get a release out but we had a family bereavement that has put everything on hold, will be back to it in the next few weeks
Sorry for your loss

Does anyone have a alternative source for image version 6?
I downloaded it several times. Always says archive is corrupted

could anyone please help me out with the image? it is just broken every time

@chunksin
do you perhaps have an idea how to fix this?

Sorry to hear, take care

You have to download all 14 files into one directory - and then start the 7z extraction on the first one - are you doing that?

I just downloaded all 14 files, right clicked on the .7z.001 file and said 7z->extract to Wipi6\

and it worked just fine.

How are you trying to do the extract?

When I download them sometimes GDrive honks up the first file. I haven't had to deal with that in a while though.

I’ve had issues with weird file names after download. Just check they are sequential and not doubled up…

Back