What's new
Hey chunksin, thank you for this wonderful solution! Is Server mode/Single boot supported on Chihiro? Are there any requirements?

For me it´s working very well on my Naomi cab, i power on the cab and it boots to OSM OK, but when I power on my Chihiron (Type 1) gun cab (HOTD3) it goes to loading game stage then ¨Initializing media board¨ and goes back to the loading game message, I can se the ethernet ports become active again when the loading game message is displayed and it keeps on a loop between those 2 stages. When server mode/single boot are disabled the games (HotD3, Ghost Squad and VC3) netboot successfully. WiPi is on 6.1.8 but I also tried it with 6.1.4.

A cool thing discovered during troubleshooting is that at least those 3 gun games can be netbooted with no security pic on the netdimm, played each game for about 20 to 30 minutes and no reboot happened (Time hack is enabled on WiPi)

If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know

Server mode is only supported on Naomi I'm afraid, I don't think that was clear in the instructions so apologies about that. Single boot mode should work fine on Chihiro :)

Man awesome work. Can't wait to try them both out. Does the card reader work on a naomi 1?

Last edited:
This is so awesome. Can't wait to try it out.

I posted it as a question in the discord, little did I realise, only a few days later, it'd be ready 😂

Man awesome work. Can't wait to try them both out. Does the card reader work on a naomi 1?
The reader is for Ras-Pi, and not for a specific naomi / system, I don't want to speak out of turn but it would be sensible to expect this to work with Triforce and Chihiro as well...

I was going to ask and I scrolled back a page or two, to look but I don't know if this was already done, or is still being worked on, but at some point there was talk about being able to set/save settings for freeplay and attract mode sound, and when switching from game to game to have that be consistent... was that ever successfully done? I have my setup in a Lunch Area at my work, and I like showing people what games I can switch it to, but then I have to open the control panel and mess with the test/select buttons to turn off attract mode and set it to free play every time, makes switching games a pain.

The reader is for Ras-Pi, and not for a specific naomi / system, I don't want to speak out of turn but it would be sensible to expect this to work with Triforce and Chihiro as well...
I just wasn't sure if naomi1 had the serial protocol as you have to set jumpers on the Naomi2

I just wasn't sure if naomi1 had the serial protocol as you have to set jumpers on the Naomi2
The Serial would only be for the card reader to send serial data to the Naomi's card reader interface for things like InitialD, which has a card reader that operates on serial protocol... I think for this it just reads the card, identifies which game is intended to be loaded and loads it, has nothing to do with the serial interface.
And I'm just trying to help, based on my knowledge and setup of the system on Triforce and Naomi, but if you want "Official word" on things you'd have to ask Chunsin

Yes of course, for some reason my head just got stuck on the thought that the rfid was link to the serial and not the pi even tho you mention it. time for bed i guess

Check your updates everyone, new release is out, in brief:

SRAM save and restore in OSM (use the test switch on the Naomi to access the menu)
ID card emulator refresh - now includes JP support
Naomi netdimm hori/vert setting for OSM auto filter
New settings definition files for OSM (hold start on a game to access the menu)
Fix time hack code (I broke it)
MiFare card support 1k/4k
OpenJVS Hat Rotary support
OpenJVS Hat serial port support for card emulator
NFC netbooting
Main Menu System filter (toggle in Options)
Basic File Manager with console (available under Manage WiPi)

Bravo on the file manager! Super handy - instead of firing up filezilla, etc. - nice to have all in one place! Once my male-to-male serial adapter arrives I will test that off the hat - one less USB port to use!

Has anyone setup the Sinden guns with WiPi and OpenJVS hat? I have the Aimtraks setup (somewhat) and really struggle to get them calibrated and generally somewhat feud with them. I am really hoping the Sinden guns may be a better option, more reliable, and easier to use without the sensor bar, etc. Sorry if this is a repeat question, however, looking for some confirmation before a potential purchase. The Aimtraks were configured with WiPi automatically - hoping the same can/is true for the Sinden guns.
Thank you.

Aimtrak in general the main problem people have is standing to close. The front of the gun needs to be 2 meters away from the screen. Do you have the room to stand back further?

Thanks for the awesome WiPi Software! - Started using it a couple of days ago and it is amazing!

Update: I just attached the Adafruit RGB Negative LCD Display (just as before) and figured out that i have to set a color in options menu to get any display output *facepalm

If i attach a 16x2 Display to it: What will be displayed? - Just the game name?

Which display and connection type are recommended / implemented? (you either can connect a 16x2 directly to a pi, which is a ugly mess, or get a i2c connector (which only uses 5 Wires))

thanks alot

(is there a way to use the display which is used by piforce setups? (uses an Adafruit RGB Negative LCD) )

Last edited:
Back