What's new
Item has been found

Kavas

Champion
Reaction score
Have the Netdimm and Naomi1 but no power supply or I/O. Looking to get this up and running this month. Help a Ninja out.

Just a friendly FYI... You can't power both the Naomi + NetDIMM with a Capcom IO.
Capcom IO only provides enough juice stock to hold the Naomi + Cart (no DIMMs, GDROM or NET).

You prob already knew this as you are also asking for a Sun PSU, wanted to mention it anyway in case.

It's good to have additional confirmation on this, thanks! This would be my first Naomi setup. Still trying to decide on the pieces, but I think the least problematic from what I read is the Capcom I/O paired with a SUN PSU in a Jamma setup.

Updated:

Looking for a Naomi SUN PSU.

I hear the 400-5397 earlier version is better than the 400-5397-01 later version? Anyone confirm?

eh... I've had multiple of each open a I wouldn't really consider the differences significant enough to seek out one over the other.

I will say that the Later models designed for Tri-Force and Chihiro (400-5443) are objectively better as they supplier higher amperage across the board and have heavier gauge wires to go along with that. As a result they don't have to work as hard powering something like a NAOMI/Net DIMM setup.

I used these PSUs in my Model 3 VOOT cab, one side has a rebuilt 5443 and the other side has a rebuilt 5397 and the 3397 barely passes muster. I even installed a different unit at one point and the results were the same.

Of course since then all of my other cabs I've ditched the NAOMI style PSUs for Lindbergh style PSUs because they're superior is just about every way.

Hadn't heard about other options. I will look into this 400-5443. My YAJ results aren't coming up with any 5397's and theres only one on ebay atm which would ship from China, was hoping for something a bit sooner. My idea for getting the SUN was everyone saying it is plug n play and little hassle. If these other variants you are mentioning are also similarity wired for pnp and reliable I am all in.

the 400-5443 is externally identical to the 5397. same connectors, same pinout, same metal cage.

the Lindbergh PSU have different connectors and are not plug and play with NAOMI, however Sega did make retrofit kits for use with older hardware and you can sometimes find them with an adapter harness included. Lindbergh does also use an ATX pin-out and a few people sell ATX to NAOMI adapters which should also work for the Lindbergh PSU.

honestly you can always just buy a MeanWell or similar 3.3V PSU and plop that next to your JAMMA PSU and build a custom harness and that would probably work just as well if not better than most of these other options. it'd certainly be cheaper and easier to obtain.

I have a Sun PSU sitting on my shelf, bought several years ago for when I was supergunning everything. I did the rookie move of splicing in an AC cable. LMK!

Back