What's new
Oh man, please make sure to share the whole food stamps for arcade games trading saga. I've never gotten the full story on that one, but heard bits of it from a handful of different people over the years.

This is excellent info.

Food stamps for arcades? Details please

Can we just let this die. He paid Bob back, that's all we wanted. No need to humiliate anybody.

Dekker has a chargeback going which will protect his funds, remember BOB didn't have this option because of how things went down. This thread should be locked.

In before the thread lock

Screenshot_20230422-193909_Chrome.jpg

Plus, locking this thread only silences future victims from coming forward with the extent of fuckery caused by this cancer.
I do second this notion. Locking it ensures no one ever sees it again as it eventually drifts to the very bottom of the subforum. Doesn't need to be bumped all the time, but needs to be able to be bumped when it's actually necessary.

Dekker has a chargeback going which will protect his funds, remember BOB didn't have this option because of how things went down.
I thought last we knew he was just talking to his bank and lawyer.

One thing to point out here is that if you search any of the terms in the title on Google, this page shows up among the first few results... so I'm not convinced that locking this will somehow make it so that people won't be able to find it or have visibility on it. That said, my vote would be to keep the thread open, but further discussion should be limited to specific deals where Omar / Horacio / Oswaldo / Don Quixote / Candy Cab King was involved. All other commentary should be removed.

I will say though is that some of the piling on getting flung around in this thread are pretty reminiscent of an older forum culture in this hobby that Mitsu & DS were actively trying to get away from, which was part of the motivation for opening this very forum. Some of the people in this thread seem to be suggesting bringing some of that culture back, and I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment. Call it bland or boring or whatever, but some of us just want to enjoy this hobby in relative peace. Scammers and fraudsters can and should be called out publicly when warranted (this is an obvious case where it is), but there's a fine line between documenting the details of deals gone bad and gossip / vague threats / hearsay.

Maybe I'm just too old for it.

Whether this thread stays open or not is up to you guys. I've deleted any post that threatens, implies a threat, or implies doxxing. That won't be allowed here regardless of how shitty someone has been.

This is a warning. Threats, implied or not, require a one month ban at least under the new discipline system we are implementing. Also, if we decide we have to lock the thread because of further actions, it won't be deleted and will be available for all to see.

The seller has been banned from these forums.

I will say seeing comments on this thread, I have learned a bit of history today. The SNK vs NGF is wow to say the least. Even going so far as to find a youtube vid of a man that is quite pleased to have a copy of Kof 2000. The scams so far I have read are unreal. Unfortunately, things like this will continue to happen even if we have a community that is trying hard to make it legit and pleasing for the hobbyist as time goes on and this genre becomes a myth.

Hopefully everyone gets what’s owed to them.

Omar got rightfully pwned, but the piling on is getting to be a bit much imho. Feels kinda scummy at this point.

I’m all for warnings but @Aurich noticed that doxxing and threats were taking place.

That’s not okay by any means no matter the circumstance

This forum should should never be an avenue of crime, theft, or vandalism period

I’m all for warnings but @Aurich noticed that doxxing and threats were taking place.

That’s not okay by any means no matter the circumstance

This forum should should never be an avenue of crime, theft, or vandalism period
It's also the second time we've seen the same sort of suggestions from the same member. Last time talking the old N-G plane ticket sorta threats (though last time not just a suggestion).

The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. Sure let's doxx folks and start talking about state fraud but point fingers elsewhere when mods come in....typical. carry on

I don't think anyone else has anything more constructive to say about this topic so just lock it up. I don't care anymore 🤷

Back to whatever topic this is

One of the many topics in this thread is warning others of fraud and protecting yourself through safe buying practices.

I danced with the devil called Yaton and ordered x2 Sigma Fantasia cabs a couple months ago insisting on PayPal buyer protection and pictures of the cabs being loaded onto the container. This protected my funds and ensured I wouldn’t get robbed of parts and cabs switched.

I got a message from the courier a few days ago that they landed in the US and would be delivered in 2 weeks.

Apparently it worked too well and Yaton didn’t like this as he is now advertising this on his latest sales threads:

D79-B81-DE-6-FEA-4-BB7-929-E-936-C36-A0-DCFC.jpg

Fingers crossed some last second shenanigans don’t happen. But the moral of the story is (as others have shared) Don’t buy expensive commodities without protecting your funds. Insist on buyer protection no matter the FOMO.

Guess he's not posting on the Yaton Arcade Facebook anymore? lol.

Anwyay, we're starting to verge a little off-topic here. Let's just leave this for Dekken and any other feedback related to the servant of the Many-Faced God, the Faceless Man: Candy Cab King.

You think cabs are expensive now? Imagine if there was a candy cab docuseries on Netflix!
You mean high score girl?

Apparently it worked too well and Yaton didn’t like this as he is now advertising this on his latest sales threads:
You can probably thank me for the no PayPal from this seller. I'm in the middle of a several thousand dollar dispute and they've locked their account I'm told.

I was told by quite a few folks that this isn't Yaton. And having seen some of their work in person and being really impressed, I would believe it.

But what I received was so far from what I'd seen another collector receive that it's hard to believe they're even the same seller.

I'm not sure what the story is there. Maybe it is yaton. Maybe it's someone else. But I'd warn anyone against buying from them. I'd have posted about it, but I'm waiting for the dispute to settle first. Just figured I'd comment since I saw your post here.

Back