What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo the excitement is soooo real right now!!! I'm totally looking forward to this!!!!!

Excited to play these in my cab finally, and not deal with ebay prices. Thanks DS and Mitsu!

Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
Sengoku 3
Samurai Shodown V Special
Robo Army
NAM-1975
Last Resort
Viewpoint
:D
All of them are available in the 161-in-1, but I know what you mean. Back on topic, I have a question: so the cart will have an on-screen menu, but also an optional LCD screen that can be connected if you want to? that would be nice IMO.

Thanks!

Interesting.

Does this mean that there isn't a menu system you would access via the MVS itself?

The on screen menu is planned but for actual cart functionality testing the lcd will be used first. Lcd loading is easy to implement. The menu will be implemented after the cart is working satisfactorily.

That makes sense.

Just seems like extra work to have an LCD...why not just have a JTAG port or something you watch output on or would that be even tougher?

The on screen menu is planned but for actual cart functionality testing the lcd will be used first. Lcd loading is easy to implement. The menu will be implemented after the cart is working satisfactorily.
Ah that's better. I rather have a menu on screen which I can navigate via joystick.

You're looking at 2 different 6 layer PCB's pr cart for this? If so, I would say it's going to be one expensive cart :)

You're looking at 2 different 6 layer PCB's pr cart for this? If so, I would say it's going to be one expensive cart :)
That's why it has a relatively high price... The second board will probably be 4 layers as I intend to use it only as a pass through.

Excited to play these in my cab finally, and not deal with ebay prices. Thanks DS and Mitsu!

Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
Sengoku 3
Samurai Shodown V Special
Robo Army
NAM-1975
Last Resort
Viewpoint
:D
All of them are available in the 161-in-1, but I know what you mean. Back on topic, I have a question: so the cart will have an on-screen menu, but also an optional LCD screen that can be connected if you want to? that would be nice IMO.
Thanks!
NAM-1975 is not on the 161 in 1 cart.

Here's the list:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?222475-161-in-1-Game-Breakdown

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o Man oh man i can't wait for this to be a reality. good stuff guys keep up the good work <3 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but it would be cool if, instead of saving to the NeoGeo Memory card (something that might not even be possible on all but AES and one MVS), if there was a way to save to a directory on the SD card itself.

Thoughts? Criticism?

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but it would be cool if, instead of saving to the NeoGeo Memory card (something that might not even be possible on all but AES and one MVS), if there was a way to save to a directory on the SD card itself.

Thoughts? Criticism?
I believe this was already asked some time ago but I don't remember the answer.

The configurations are stored on the NEOGEO itself IIRC and the configuration of up to 8 games can be stored. This is probably doable, but I'm not sure how much time will take and if it's worth it...

Hello everyone.I'm a little late to the party but in any case, I joined this site in February because my love for arcade related stuff and a lover of Neo Geo too! :D I was reading most of the posts(not everything as of this moment) but have you thought of starting a Kicksatrter or Indiegogo for this like these guys?(Links below) How will the preorders work? Will there be a waiting list? How to get on that list? Sorry for asking so many questions! I would think people who are serious and believe in your project, should back you(I would) Just throwing this idea out in case no one has yet...Thank you Darksoft for working on this ambitious project! :thumbup:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fusion-neogeo-mvs-to-aes-converter#/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/285735197/kawaii-cade-japanese-style-bartop-arcade-cabinets

As an owner of two Darksoft kits (ST-V and CPS2) and soon to be a third (Neo-Geo) I'd say his method of operation is working well... :D

I was reading most of the posts(not everything as of this moment) but have you thought of starting a Kicksatrter or Indiegogo for this like these guys?(Links below)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fusion-neogeo-mvs-to-aes-converter#/
That's a scam.. did you read the comments?
I second @brentradio 's comment
I wasn't aware. I'm new to these forums and I can't read every comment being that there are so many and I have a busy life.I was only posting those as example(bad ones, I suppose since they are scams as you mentioned) I would believe since Darksoft is reliable and trusted , a kickstarter or indiegogo would help fund his project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back