What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea was to have it on the top of the cartridge, althgout what you are saying makes sense.

On a normal MVS cab isn't cart up/down wired to button-5 on the JAMMA loom - so it must send a signal to the PCB to swap carts, could that be captured for the multi?

Failing that a fingerboard with a wire from button-5 to the cart to fit between the MVS-PCB and the cab's JAMMA loom.

Just unplug the wires from the select button on the cab, and rewire that button to the multicart.

Do you remember the pics that I posted from the prototype?

NEOGEO + AES Multigame cartridge - NEW POLL INCLUDED. PLEASE VOTE!

The main PCB has all the components and memories and the second is just bare PCB for mechanical resistance and obviously to provide data for the graphic part.

Happily on Friday everything started coming together and I have solved the bug that was stopping the sound bus to work properly. That means that the main PCB works now perfectly (I insert in the second slot the original PCB of the game).

As FGPA+DDR is working properly now, the other buses should be ready very soon. Bottom line a new video of games working VERY SOON..... stay tuned.

Awesome job, Darksoft! Looking forward to seeing the video. :)

The main PCB has all the components and memories and the second is just bare PCB for mechanical resistance and obviously to provide data for the graphic part.

Happily on Friday everything started coming together and I have solved the bug that was stopping the sound bus to work properly. That means that the main PCB works now perfectly (I insert in the second slot the original PCB of the game).

As FGPA+DDR is working properly now, the other buses should be ready very soon. Bottom line a new video of games working VERY SOON..... stay tuned.
Awesome skills Darksoft.
How may years have you been coding to have such skills ? i would like to start learning coding, but i am affraid its too much dificult.
Cant wait for the video, you rule !!!

Awesome skills Darksoft.How may years have you been coding to have such skills ? i would like to start learning coding, but i am affraid its too much dificult.
Cant wait for the video, you rule !!!
Desde los 15 años programando en Assembler....

Awesome skills Darksoft.How may years have you been coding to have such skills ? i would like to start learning coding, but i am affraid its too much dificult.Cant wait for the video, you rule !!!
Desde los 15 años programando en Assembler....
Never knew you developed Assembler forum, or do you wanted to say assembly language ?
Hard to develop in a language you dont even know its name !!

:P

old school - I cut my Teeth on 6502 assembler on a pet 2001 (with built in tape drive to save your code on) back in the early 80's. But switched to cobol & fortran with a spot of PL1.

Assembly used to be my focus in school and landed a job at Sammy USA Corp as a game programmer. Coded Turkey Hunting USA light gun name entry screen. LoL very interesting stuff. Moved onto IBM Mainframe Systems Programmer/Dump Debugger. Now I'm just a Wannabe hacker and an ICU Nurse! Hahah Amazing work Darksoft.

Assembly used to be my focus in school and landed a job at Sammy USA Corp as a game programmer. Coded Turkey Hunting USA light gun name entry screen. LoL very interesting stuff. Moved onto IBM Mainframe Systems Programmer/Dump Debugger. Now I'm just a Wannabe hacker and an ICU Nurse! Hahah Amazing work Darksoft.
Maybe open a thread and tell us interesting things about Sammy USA Corp. Games that weren't released, internal decisions, etc.

Moved onto IBM Mainframe Systems Programmer/Dump Debugger.
i wasted years studying computer engineering just to end up working in COBOL/PLI, CICS, DB2 mainframe environments... My young life would have been much better if I would have known that the real money is hidden behind the easiest and simplest things.

Moved onto IBM Mainframe Systems Programmer/Dump Debugger.
i wasted years studying computer engineering just to end up working in COBOL/PLI, CICS, DB2 mainframe environments... My young life would have been much better if I would have known that the real money is hidden behind the easiest and simplest things.
Money is mostly on sales and managing, not on the technical side of things.

Just unplug the wires from the select button on the cab, and rewire that button to the multicart.
Yeah this is what I was getting at, I think it will be the best way to avoid the complexity of trying to hijack the select game button but still provide an easy way for cab-owners to switch.

Lol didn't know I would get a response. Yeah deibit, I should have went into marketing, they make a shitload but I am very happy now with my carrer and am going to school to get my doctorate in Anesthesia. Hopefully I can get my work done with all of these Multicart distractions! ;) I threw away a whole bunch of stuff but if I find some code snippets I wouldn't mind posting them Darksoft. I should have snatched more dev stuff from them. we used to write the code, run it in a test program then write the eeprom, rinse and repeat. It was interesting and I was learning as we went along. My bosses name was Jun Narita, he lives in Hokkaido now. Very smart guy, he was an expert in 2-d, he didn't care for dreamcast programming too much (too much 3-d). He is the Asian guy in the Lethal Enforcers Chinatown stage. This link mentions his name for Lethal Enforcers 2: http://www.arcade-history.com/?page=detail&id=1380 he was a great guy and good teacher and I feel blessed to have known him; but for my future there was no way I was staying at Sammy. (Anyway they folded, became Namco, then Sega.) I don't exactly know how that worked but that's what I was told by my former co-worker.

Please PM with those code snippets that you have.

And about the Anesthesia, don't worry we'll raise your adrenaline so much that you won't have sufficient Anesthesia juice to keep it down. LOL :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back