What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey DS, this is awesome!

Are you considering some button combo to get back to the menu while the game is playing?
Would that be possible?

I know the MVS carts will be manufactured first, but when will the AES carts be made? Also for purchasing will we need to buy through another site, or will we be privately contacted on the site?

I'm a big proponent of open source (i use Debian on my computer and Replicant on my Android phone), and the fact that he will do that not only will make the cart almost future-proof (if the cart is designed well), but it shows the good intentions of the dude. Open sourcing this is awesome cause it helps everyone, specially the whole Neo Geo sphere. It's always the best decision, unless you're in it only for profits of course...

Also for purchasing will we need to buy through another site, or will we be privately contacted on the site?
There will be official resellers/distributors that will handle sales, I dont believe Darksoft or Mitsu will be handling sales directly as it it will just take up their time when they could be working on other arcade projects, which we want them to :) But its all up to Darksoft on how he will handle a pre-sales ordering, through him or resellers.

I'm a big proponent of open source (i use Debian on my computer and Replicant on my Android phone), and the fact that he will do that not only will make the cart almost future-proof (if the cart is designed well), but it shows the good intentions of the dude. Open sourcing this is awesome cause it helps everyone, specially the whole Neo Geo sphere. It's always the best decision, unless you're in it only for profits of course...
I am sure Darksoft's multi cart will be the best possible merging of cost effective technology and design while giving us the best set of features for such a product. I am sure he has made his product as future-proof as possible, hence his choice of the hardware/components for it.

Nice menu. Question is am I going have to tell people to replace the games or is it possible to add a your own slot?
Cause I actually have a few Neo Geo mods as well

Ohhh we already got the cases. Aldo from saveyourgames has invested a good sum of money to make a plastic form, so we can get good solid plastic cases looking like the original one.
Was reading the whole thread to kill time and just saw that... this is going to be epic

Hey Darksoft, you managed to make hard DIP options in software? How did you that?
YsbKHg1.gif

Hey !
What a nice menu !! Very good job !
Sorry to ask this question one more Time, but when do you Think it will be available ?
Severals weeks ? Several month ? More ?
Just to be aware...
Thx

Hey !
What a nice menu !! Very good job !
Sorry to ask this question one more Time, but when do you Think it will be available ?
Severals weeks ? Several month ? More ?
Just to be aware...
Thx
It will be available on 2/29/2017. Set your calendar!!!

I just saw the video of the DS linker, it seems amazing to me and I think I get now the 4 slot stuff (I thought it was only 4 games on the SD, nice but a bit frustrating) : to sum up you have almost the full set on the sd and you can play 4 games, it is needed to erase an old one to play a new one, am I wrong ?

I guess that the AES version will take a long time to create after the release of the MVS one, right ? The question for the enthusiastic AES owners like me, do you think the MVS version would work with a magic key ?

EDIT : I change few words, reading my old message I thought it could sound kind of disappointing which is totally not ! My english is so so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back