What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
How's it going to handle dip switches?
I think I read in other thread that dip switches options would be saved on a per-game basis, but now I can't find the post. So maybe I just dreamed of it, because that's exactly what I hope.
I have a couple of ideas in mind. When I put them on practice, we'll see what works better....

Is it planned to have separate MVS and AES carts, or one cart to 'rule them all'?

What's the plan on loading? Is it going to be a simple window? Would we be able to customize it at all with our own gfx or anything?

What's the plan on loading? Is it going to be a simple window? Would we be able to customize it at all with our own gfx or anything?
Yes, the plan is to make a simple window, customizable with background picture.

Cool. Can we do anything like position the list or change the font or something?
The firmware can be upgraded anytime so it can be improved all the time (as long as there is enough space on the FPGA :)

Cool. Can we do anything like position the list or change the font or something?
The firmware can be upgraded anytime so it can be improved all the time (as long as there is enough space on the FPGA :)
Hi Darksoft

Will the 4 game menu be customizable? like background picture, music etc.. Also, do the 4 games recide on the DDR3 memory all the time, what if we can make the DDR3 memory upgradable by using replaceable DDR3L memory modules which the user can add as much larger as possible and then we can load more games (more than 4)? or the FPGA can just load a list of games on the card (more than 4) and then on pressing <start> button the games get loaded onto the memory? Sorry if I misunderstand.

This is just a thought so Just asking.. :)

-Rama

This is awesome. Waiting patiently for an ETA, and setting aside a little $$ each week.

Hi Darksoft,

Just one more thing you might consider - if it doesnt affect the price a lot - if you added a usb port for uploading binary, this would open the cart up to developers of new Neo Geo software. Having a build execute cycle which can happen with software only it would be very nice for development :)

Regards,
Jim

How far are we now from being able to pre Oder and release date?

Thanks

I don't plan to take preorders until I can show a working prototype. After the prototype is ready I would say 3-4 more weeks till the cartridges are produced and ready to sell.

I don't plan to take preorders until I can show a working prototype. After the prototype is ready I would say 3-4 more weeks till the cartridges are produced and ready to sell.
I hope to be fast enough to preorder one :)

That's very cool long time ago I was planning on doing some AES multi-cart of my own but ended up dropping the ball. Awesome to see this project, is there any place where you have some technical details ? or It's scattered on the 40+ pages of this thread ?

Thanks !

I just signed up to this forum and this is my first post to say that I will be buying an MVS multicart as soon as it comes out.

Can't wait and great job to DS.

Also, where can I buy other DS kits?

Thanks!

Brent in Vegas

Last edited:
I just signed up to this forum and this is my first post to say that I will be buying an MVS multicart as soon as it comes out.

Can't wait and great job to DS.

Also, where can I buy other DS kits?

Thanks!
ParadiseArcade is the current US distributor. Quite a few members have run into issues with PA, including myself (poor packaging mostly), but DS/Mitsu have always made things right.

Ok thanks,

Does it matter what bios version I have on my MVS?

How does the Universe bios come into play, if at all?

Total noob on all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back