What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the video, a little competition is healthy!

If a new video is going to be shot, I would like to see the loading time on only 1 slot (Garou), booting up, no menu... please :D
Something like initial flash time, then subsequent boot time on a reboot? That would be cool to see. Awesome game of course :)

Is there a price for the cart yet? Also, an estimated of when will it open preorders? Will we be able to have it for xmas this year? :)

Also, on a more serious note: since the cart has 3 slots for games, which AFAIK can each hold the biggest game...can the whole memory be combined to hold a single huge game? for instance: let's suppose in 20 years somebody manages to dump successfully Razion (1536Mbits). Would this cart be able to run it hardware-wise? what about software-wise? what if a homebrew game comes that releases the rom and is bigger than kof2003?

Thanks!!

Also, on a more serious note: since the cart has 3 slots for games, which AFAIK can each hold the biggest game...can the whole memory be combined to hold a single huge game?
Your answer is in Mitsu's highly controversial preview video @ 4:19.
-ud

They've said several times that safeguards will be in place to stop NGDEVTEAM roms from loading though. So one large game might be possible, but not Razion.

They've said several times that safeguards will be in place to stop NGDEVTEAM roms from loading though. So one large game might be possible, but not Razion.
This was my question. Razion was simply the first example of a game bigger than kof2003 that came to my mind, I know Razion will not work. Thanks!

SainT at AtariAge
@synbiosfan: Thanks for the head ups on this, btw. I hooked SainT up with various NGP and NGPC models to test on and just got in my beta test cart last night. Super excited to test this thing! :D
I'm glad you were able to help him. His Lynx multi showed me that he's pretty dedicated to making a quality product.

Sorry if there is an obvious answer to this, but what makes these carts so expensive? I get that FPGAs are involved and they're more expensive than straight up flash ROMs but is there more to it than that?

Sorry if there is an obvious answer to this, but what makes these carts so expensive? I get that FPGAs are involved and they're more expensive than straight up flash ROMs but is there more to it than that?
probably the thousands of hours spent in developing it? Not to mention the costs of prototyping a couple of units, software licenses for libraries, etc.
This is a project developed from scratch not a do-it-yourself kit from electronic shop, so obviously costs can't be the same. 8)

It has been previously mentioned many times that the price will be

$400

and it will be offered at a site that will not require a sign up...

It has been previously mentioned many times that the price will be

$400

and it will be offered at a site that will not require a sign up...
about $400 :)
^THAT^ Darksoft is doing a high quality kit, not just pcb and poorly manufactured shell like others. So I expect his price to be higher than the NeoSD which it rightfully should.

Lets be realistic here, the neosd mvs sells for 400Eur so that makes it about $435 US at current exchange rate. So I expect to pay at the minimum $450 US, but would be just as happy paying $500-550 if that was the price.
How much did an AES cost $600-650? No games. No you can get an MVS MB for about $100-150 plus lets say Darksoft's multi cart was $500, still a freaking bargain anyway you slice it.

So, paying $50,100,150 over the nearest competitor to get a far superior product = NO BRAINER, YOU JUST DO IT. If you are willing to spend $400, but not 450 or 500, if this is your breaking point on price then you should not be buying any arcade hardware altogether. So save your $$ and buy it when you can. Just my point of view :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back