What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just compromise and get an Omega CMVS.

The real decision is if you want a full upright or not. I personally prefer the original arcade feel when playing Neo games.
That thing is hella expensive compared to an easily repaired aes though. This is disregarding the cost of carts of course, thanks to the multicart :^)

Do any Neo Geo games have any special chips inside them, for example DSP chip inside some SNES games?

Do any Neo Geo games have any special chips inside them, for example DSP chip inside some SNES games?
Yes, various protection devices, read the MAME source code for the details

There's also the NEO-SMA used by some later games for bankswitching and pseudo-RNG. I only know about this bc I wrote some NG homebrew a year ago that needed RNG and did a lot of googling to find out how people were doing it on the NG.

https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=NEO-SMA
Interesting thanks! Anyone knows if the NEO-SMA will be on board the MultiGame Cartridge?

Edit: It seems that it may only be required for Garou MOTW.

QFP144 chip found connected to the P ROMs in The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (not all sets), The King of Fighters 2000 (not all sets), Metal Slug 3(not all sets) and in Garou - Mark of the Wolves (all sets) cartridges. Bankswitches the second megabyte ($200000~$2FFFFF) of P ROM space and provides a 16bit pseudo random number generator.

An MV2F MVS board includes mem card reader, joystick ports, great RGB output, JAMMA edge, and socketed BIOS. All by default, from factory. As much as I like my AES, I gotta admit MVS is better.
Pretty certain that MV2F boards are MVS pin-out, not JAMMA.

An MV2F MVS board includes mem card reader, joystick ports, great RGB output, JAMMA edge, and socketed BIOS. All by default, from factory. As much as I like my AES, I gotta admit MVS is better.
Pretty certain that MV2F boards are MVS pin-out, not JAMMA.
Yep, you are right. Audio pinout is different, and the Test buttons. But it's close to JAMMA! :)

Ideally, I need a ballpark price to know what i should be saving up, in order to be able to buy one of these bad boys right away so i dont miss out. :unsure:

like how much roughly in AUD, $200, $400, more ? ?(

There's also the NEO-SMA used by some later games for bankswitching and pseudo-RNG. I only know about this bc I wrote some NG homebrew a year ago that needed RNG and did a lot of googling to find out how people were doing it on the NG.

Interesting thanks! Anyone knows if the NEO-SMA will be on board the MultiGame Cartridge?
Edit: It seems that it may only be required for Garou MOTW.

QFP144 chip found connected to the P ROMs in The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (not all sets), The King of Fighters 2000 (not all sets), Metal Slug 3(not all sets) and in Garou - Mark of the Wolves (all sets) cartridges. Bankswitches the second megabyte ($200000~$2FFFFF) of P ROM space and provides a 16bit pseudo random number generator.
Good question. I'm also wondering if Garou will work on the flashcart. That'd be awesome :)

Interesting thanks! Anyone knows if the NEO-SMA will be on board the MultiGame Cartridge?Edit: It seems that it may only be required for Garou MOTW.

Good question. I'm also wondering if Garou will work on the flashcart. That'd be awesome :)
AFAIK, all original games that have unencrypted ROMS will work. I believe there is an unencrypted Garou ROM, therefore it would work.

That rom is a prototype dumped from a cart that was stolen at a trade show. It has pretty poor AI (it's an unprotected prototype, had no SMA chip and so it had no hardware PRNG device).

Is the multigame aiming to be able to bypass the retail copy protection by the QFP144 (not homebrew) ??

Is the multigame aiming to be able to bypass the retail copy protection by the QFP144 (not homebrew) ??
nothing like that. The romsets will be decrypted or ready to work as they are without any extra hardware. As a matter of fact, thanks to MAME, to dump the decrypted content is very simple once the game is loaded.

nothing like that. The romsets will be decrypted or ready to work as they are without any extra hardware. As a matter of fact, thanks to MAME, to dump the decrypted content is very simple once the game is loaded.
Including Garou MOTW?

Including Garou MOTW?
If it's supported by MAME all the decryption algoritms are there, so creating a decrypted romset is simple to do. As I already answered as a general rule if it works in MAME it will work on the cartridge.

Including Garou MOTW?
If it's supported by MAME all the decryption algoritms are there, so creating a decrypted romset is simple to do. As I already answered as a general rule if it works in MAME it will work on the cartridge.
Is it possible to implement the decryption algorithms in some chip that goes inside the cart, so the original unencrypted games work? that would be neat IMHO.

Regards.

Including Garou MOTW?
Is it possible to implement the decryption algorithms in some chip that goes inside the cart, so the original unencrypted games work? that would be neat IMHO.
Regards.
ohh yes it's possible, but why do you want to make the cartridge more complicated and add extra costs, when you can have a romset prepared to work with any additional HW?

ohh yes it's possible, but why do you want to make the cartridge more complicated and add extra costs, when you can have a romset prepared to work with any additional HW?
Because that's what some razzhole is trying to convince everyone the cart needs to be worth it. What a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back