What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the games this thing will be able to play can cost upwards of 9 THOUSAND dollars.

it is blisteringly insane to presume that most people are going to own the carts.

if razzamataz wants to have a big hard on for anti-piracy, so be it.

I absolutely will be dumping my Neo Geo emulated romsets onto one of these cards if/when I buy it and i sure as shit do not own half of these fucking overpriced titles.

by the way ds; theyre implying your CPS2 Multi was buggy and problematic, when it appears to all be butthurt based on the phoenix bullshit.

consider me a firm order, and a loyal customer from now on.

Any idea yet if the final product of the AES MultiGame Cart will be a "complete" product (perhaps comes even inside a case) or if it will be installed on another game, similar to the CPS2 version?

Some of the games this thing will be able to play can cost upwards of 9 THOUSAND dollars.

it is blisteringly insane to presume that most people are going to own the carts.

if razzamataz wants to have a big hard on for anti-piracy, so be it.

I absolutely will be dumping my Neo Geo emulated romsets onto one of these cards if/when I buy it and i sure as shit do not own half of these fucking overpriced titles.
From my understanding, that Neo thread is primarily focused on the topic of untouched roms vs decrypted roms. Piracy is a non-factor.

Last edited:
Any idea yet if the final product of the AES MultiGame Cart will be a "complete" product (perhaps comes even inside a case) or if it will be installed on another game, similar to the CPS2 version?
Good news is that we have brand new cases for both MVS and AES. Kits will come with stickers, shockbox (AES) or carton box (MVS) with stickers and maybe something else that we can think of.

Stay tuned :)

Good news is that we have brand new cases for both MVS and AES. Kits will come with stickers, shockbox (AES) or carton box (MVS) with stickers and maybe something else that we can think of.
*throws money at screen*

Going all out. Spiffy!

Like I said it before, "DARKSOFT RULEZ"

DS and Mitsu are always stepping it up when it comes to their products.

Hello Darksoft,

I was wondering about this:
  • The original set of neogeo game is static and fully known
  • You also want this cartridge to run everything (boot game, hack game, etc.)

Why don't you put the original set of neogeo game in static memory (like 161 in 1) and also have a SD input for modified roms or homebrews?

This way your cartridge will be optimal either for people who stick the original set (most of the gamer, I have the feeling) and for people who like mod or homebrew games

Hello Darksoft,

Why don't you put the original set of neogeo game in static memory (like 161 in 1) and also have a SD input for modified roms or homebrews?
The SD card is your static RAM... or if you want to get fancy maybe use an on board eMMC.

Hello Darksoft,

The SD card is your static RAM... or if you want to get fancy maybe use an on board eMMC.
What I mean is in order to have fast loading (as the 161 in 1), we can put the original set in hard and keep the SD card for the other roms (which in any case the loading time will be slow, like 40 seconds for a game)

161-in1 use NOR FLASH which is more expensive and unpractical for mass storage. NOR FLASH is suitable for direct access by a parallel bus in a micro processor design. NAND FLASH (the kind of flash used on memory cards and USB storage) works like a kind of hard drive(an "block device"), where you read it in "chunks" or "sectors". The read process is too slow for being practical for feeding the data into a micro processor, and that's why flash cartridges use a NOR FLASH or DRAM buffer for loading the necessary data.

That flashing process is the "game write" process you have to do when you change the game.

Just explaining why it is done the way it is currently and why it cannot be instantaneous.

Hello Darksoft,

This way your cartridge will be optimal either for people who stick the original set (most of the gamer, I have the feeling) and for people who like mod or homebrew games
If that would be possible, I'd do a 300-in-1 cartridge and that'd be it but there are not flash memories big enough for this.

161-in1 use NOR FLASH which is more expensive and unpractical for mass storage. NOR FLASH is suitable for direct access by a parallel bus in a micro processor design. NAND FLASH (the kind of flash used on memory cards and USB storage) works like a kind of hard drive(an "block device"), where you read it in "chunks" or "sectors". The read process is too slow for being practical for feeding the data into a micro processor, and that's why flash cartridges use a NOR FLASH or DRAM buffer for loading the necessary data.

That flashing process is the "game write" process you have to do when you change the game.

Just explaining why it is done the way it is currently and why it cannot be instantaneous.
yeah. That. Thanks Leo.

Because he doesn't want a lawsuit...
Hmm I think it's more of a "mine is bigger than yours". In any case, the cartridge will come without any microSD or any copyrighted material included. Then people can take the romsets from their usual sources.

Because he doesn't want a lawsuit...
Hmm I think it's more of a "mine is bigger than yours". In any case, the cartridge will come without any microSD or any copyrighted material included. Then people can take the romsets from their usual sources.
I'm sure for "usual sources" you mean dumping the roms in their own cartridges, right? ;)

ohh yes it's possible, but why do you want to make the cartridge more complicated and add extra costs, when you can have a romset prepared to work with any additional HW?
Because that's what some razzhole is trying to convince everyone the cart needs to be worth it. What a tool.
No, itś not that. I admit he made me think about it, but I do not really care the kind of roms it uses, as long as they run perfectly and are all available (for instance, I read that the decrypted Garou rom currently available is a beta, not the real one, so we would need the real one decrypted for the cart).

Hello Darksoft,

If that would be possible, I'd do a 300-in-1 cartridge and that'd be it but there are not flash memories big enough for this.
Technically it would be a 148-1 cart.

Knowing that the 161-1 cart was able to achieve that by doing hacks that reused already present resources, is it still not possible to have all 148 games on one cart? What about splitting the cart into two?

Just a thought.

Hi all

i'm new here, i have 1 neo geo aes and i'd like more have 1 multi game card for this console, darksoft are doing a nice woork tnaks:D

when will be out thi card?i want 1 card:d good woork

ps sorry for bad english

ohh yes it's possible, but why do you want to make the cartridge more complicated and add extra costs, when you can have a romset prepared to work with any additional HW?
Because that's what some razzhole is trying to convince everyone the cart needs to be worth it. What a tool.
the drama makes things confusing. The way they are making sound over on the neogeo forums makes it sound like the pheonix or decrypted roms or whatever are inferior to the real thing in some ways. I'm sure it's mostly elitist bullshit but I do wonder what sort of differences to expect. i'm sure they are pretty minor. maybe we can get a compatibility type chart going with known issues and whatnot once the cart is out.

If you really want to know the story you can read the CPS2 multi thread over there in the war room. Don't want to bring it up over here but Razoola is not the god everyone seems to think he is. He is an elitist tool, just as you suspected. This forum was created because of all the stupid drama that he and his paid mod-thug over there caused.

So now he is over there telling lies about our projects and basically putting everything we do down. I could respond but I refuse to. Yeah it pisses me off that people over there still believe whatever Razoola says but I guess there are a lot of people in this world that just aren't very smart. So it doesn't surprise me.

Tell anyone you know if they want the real news about anything we do that this is the ONLY place to get the truth first.

No more discussion about the Neo forums in this thread though please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back