What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe Darksoft alters the game roms in anyway that would change the visual, audio, performance qualities in any way. All his kits play on original arcade hardware. He creates the awesome hardware and software that allows you to play the original games from one source/cart/memory; however you want to term it, hence making a multi kit/cart. So, I dont see what would change in the games?! Besides the roms/files maybe being decrypted?! Now, there could be more to it than my simple explanation, and I am sure there is, but in the end does it matter?

We have awesome multi kits that play on original arcade hardware as the originals do, what more can we ask for?! Except.....for more multikits for other systems :thumbsup:
I agree 100% but am only wondering b.c of those certain whiney ppl that seem to think otherwise. This project is amazing and I'm hype as hell

Darksoft, correct me if I am wrong.

I dont believe Darksoft alters the game roms in anyway that would change the visual, audio, performance qualities in any way. All his kits play on original arcade hardware. He creates the awesome hardware and software that allows you to play the original games from one source/cart/memory; however you want to term it, hence making a multi kit/cart. So, I dont see what would change in the games?! Besides the roms/files maybe being decrypted?! Now, there could be more to it than my simple explanation, and I am sure there is, but in the end does it matter?

We have awesome multi kits that play on original arcade hardware as the originals do, what more can we ask for?! Except.....for more multikits for other systems :thumbsup:
I feel flattered :)

I agree 100% but am only wondering b.c of those certain whiney ppl that seem to think otherwise. This project is amazing and I'm hype as hell
The idea is that I don't have to touch the game at all. Some games which are encrypted will have to be modified to work. There shouldn't be any delay or slight difference between an original cart and my multi.

I feel flattered
And so you should brother. I am a huge fan of your work aswell of the work of many other talented people like yourself. Developers through their games may create the dream or nightmare that we love and enjoy playing. You guys keep those dreams/nightmares alive through your work and for that I sincerely thank you all.

Last edited:
BTW - I am ready, willing & able to beta test the MVS multi as soon as you have a working prototype ready :D

BTW - I am ready, willing & able to beta test the MVS multi as soon as you have a working prototype ready :D
Well I think that would only be fair if you'd give Darksoft a chance to 'test' your secretary in exchange! :P :D

Well I think that would only be fair if you'd give Darksoft a chance to 'test' your secretary in exchange! :P :D
LMAO - Hey, I would be willing to make the introduction. No guarantees after that.
PM a picture of the secretary please. I hope my wife doesn't read this :) :)

OK. So here is the latest news on this project.

The cartridge is going to be FPGA based...yeah! .....but will also have flashes for sound part :) Graphics and code go via DDR.

Why? Because this Frankestein mixture is the fastest and cheapest option of them all. We keep the flexibility of the FPGA and we avoid using more expensive FPGAs by putting the sound part in the flashes.

Loading time as discussed should be in the worst case 10 secs. Firmware fully updatable from the microSD and support for all games supported by MAME.

That's it! This is final now.....I hope.

OK. So here is the latest news on this project.

The cartridge is going to be FPGA based...yeah! .....but will also have flashes for sound part :) Graphics and code go via DDR.

Why? Because this Frankestein mixture is the fastest and cheapest option of them all. We keep the flexibility of the FPGA and we avoid using more expensive FPGAs by putting the sound part in the flashes.

Loading time as discussed should be in the worst case 10 secs. Firmware fully updatable from the microSD and support for all games supported by MAME.

That's it! This is final now.....I hope.
you brilliant bastard!

awesome news! :D

Firmware fully updatable from the microSD and support for all games supported by MAME.
Do you mean that roms used for MAME will work out of the box, or these have to be modified by someone to get them to work with the Multi Game Cartridge?

Thanks!

Firmware fully updatable from the microSD and support for all games supported by MAME.
Do you mean that roms used for MAME will work out of the box, or these have to be modified by someone to get them to work with the Multi Game Cartridge?
Thanks!
hmmm I think this has been answered a couple of time. The second option that you mention is the good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back