What's new
any details on the multitap yet?
First I need time to fully beta-test the 4P mode. I hope that ca be done in coming weeks.
Then I will release a new ROM and the PCB design for the multitap if anyone want to make one. We can expect that in october.
Thankyou for making this, very exciting!

I was hoping you would make the multitap and I could support your work through buying that. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the plan. Who wants to make them?

Maybe you could have a "pay what you like" on the rom download?

This is super sick!

Do you think this would ever work with League Bowling-style linking using two audio cables? I'd love to put this in two linked MVS cabs.

Today the Beta(2) ROM of Neotris is available for Darksoft Multi, NeoSD and MAME.

Free download and instructions:
www.chipsonsteroids.com

This update contains:

The COOL MODE in Solo (time is disabled)

coolmode.png

Chain your lines and get a score multiplier in Solo

mult.png

Time alarm in Solo (PRO MODE)

warn.png

Skip the Bonus Time count by pushing A button in Solo

bonustime.png

Choose your theme (background + music) in Versus

theme.png

"A+B POW" animation appears when you can throw a special attack in Battle

powanim.png

Enjoy ! :P

An update has been made in Solo, adding a Bonus Level, allowing to increase score and earn some credits.

The gamaplay and rendering are original for the Neo Geo, but inspired by games like Space Harrier and Starfox:

I still work on the Solo mode and to add real depth and replay value to this mode.

But sadly I can't improve the Battle 4P and Versus 2P until the retro game conventions will start again.

No :p

I decided to stop releasing new demos and this video is the last until the 1st print run of the game for AES.

Out of curiosity, are you going to add a 1P battle mode vs CPU?
I really love this project and all of the hard work thats gone into it.

VS computer... Yes I have this idea in mind for a long time...... but it is a very heavy piece of work because it is not only about coding the AI, it is also new characters, menus and gameplay. Actually my TODO list already full for weeks so it is not in my plan currently.

Many optimisations are still possible and I think the count of objects on screen could be increased by x2.

That would open more options for gameplay. A Space Harrier gameplay could be possible.

Now I want to try and write this... but I've got too many projects already!

So... has anyone tried to build a conversion cart for this?
I'd be interested in giving it a go?

I looked into that when it first dropped. V-ROMs are too large for a conversion cart unfortunately.

V-ROMs must be 8-bit and the ones here would require 32Mbit ROMs... and since 27c322s are 16-bit only you can't use them for V-ROMs.

The only option would be to put together some custom modules for the V-ROMs or just use a multi-cart.

I looked into that when it first dropped. V-ROMs are too large for a conversion cart unfortunately.

V-ROMs must be 8-bit and the ones here would require 32Mbit ROMs... and since 27c322s are 16-bit only you can't use them for V-ROMs.

The only option would be to put together some custom modules for the V-ROMs or just use a multi-cart.

I assume the carts that @totologic built and sold of the game used flash chips on a custom PCB then?

I'd love to get my hands on a few of those adapters.
It's likely that it has additional pins or wires for the OE/CE pins of V2, 3 and 4 since they share a bus

Back