What's new

wasspat

Student
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After several months, I put my netdimm on my Naomi with bad news, there is Dimm 0 indicated as BAD.
I've clean all the boards, switch the ram, with or without zero key. With a game game on cartridge every is good .
Any tips? I hope the dimm isn't dead.

Thanks

MEMS599_t.jpg

MEMS598_t.jpg

MEMS59A_t.jpg

MEMS59B_t.jpg

How large are your memory sticks?
Most likely fine to just use 512MB in Dimm Slot 1...

Not a fix, but a workaround for sure.

How large are your memory sticks?
Most likely fine to just use 512MB in Dimm Slot 1...

Not a fix, but a workaround for sure.
hellp Nam, it's 2X256 MO.
With only one memory it's indicate there is no enough memory :/

During the test or launching which game?

Stolen from @DCrosby :

The Specific module from what I've been told is not specifically relevant as long as it follows these guidelines:
512MB PC133 133MHZ SDRAM
168PIN HIGH DENSITY
Non-ECC Memory

During the test or launching which game?

Stolen from @DCrosby :

The Specific module from what I've been told is not specifically relevant as long as it follows these guidelines:
512MB PC133 133MHZ SDRAM
168PIN HIGH DENSITY
Non-ECC Memory
during the test . the only purpose of the netdimm is to be used as Netboot with raspberry.

Do you have 2x256, or 2x128?
If 256 you can remove ram from the bad slot and most games should run just fine.
If that works, just pick up a 512 dimm.

Do you have 2x256, or 2x128?
If 256 you can remove ram from the bad slot and most games should run just fine.
If that works, just pick up a 512 dimm.
It's 2X256, if I remove one ram it's indicate there is not enough ram :/

Perhaps a question for someone else… does Dimm slot 0 need to be populated for the Netdimm to see the entire installed memory?

Yeah I had no luck with 2x 256's in the Net-Dim for Naomi, I had to use 1x512... which seem to be also what you need for Chihiro to go to 1GB, just you can't do 1x 1gb for chihiro, but I got 2x512 from memory masters, made sure it was 168 Pin PC133 Non-ECC ram, and it worked... I have the original 512 for the chihiro still, as I was trying to buy matched ram, sometimes getting 1x of one brand and 1x of another can cause issues.

I'm trying to put as much into into the post as linking to Ebay is basically useless after 3-4 months...
but here's what I got for the Chihiro that worked. I would guess that getting a single stick of PC133 512 should also work with the net-dimm...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175540580225

Thanks for the reference:thumbup:, but I'm agree with Nam reflexion concerning the needs to populate the SLOT 0. Anyone has an anwser?

With Motherboards of that Era, it used to be hit/miss and typically yes you had to fill in the first bank, and then some MB's the second bank was optional, but more often than not you couldn't skip over a slot and only fill the second/third/fourth on some and not fill the first... So my answer isn't great as I don't know specifically if you can/can't skip over 0, but with these things being as fragile as they are, I'm not super excited to prove or disprove my point for fear of loss of my own net-dimm...

One person that would know 100% and he's fairly approachable is Ken @ https://www.irepairsega.com/ I'd give him a call, and see what he has to say, he may also tell you what to check, and or if it's worth repairing and roughly for how much.

Back