What's new
Yep, we got there in the end. Had to troubleshoot some more. I think I may have written custom files on simms 1 and 2 initially as it didn't load properly.

I had to start from scratch and do a process of elimination, first I needed to confirm the host cps3 mobo was operational with my existing simms, then confirm the ultra simms worked on my custom no cd cart, that worked, I then rewrote simms 1 and 2 standard and voila! She works perfectly fine now.

VideoCapture_20230426-184900.jpg

20230426_122807.jpg

After seeing this in action, it kind of makes me want a set haha even though it'll be on 3s 99.9% of the time 🤣🤣

Was anyone here successful in using a “NO CD” Custom UltraBIOS here with regular SIMMs and a CD Drive / SCSI2SD.

It was something I never got around to testing and only have UltraSIMMs around now…

@Darksoft @ShootTheCore

Was anyone here successful in using a “NO CD” Custom UltraBIOS here with regular SIMMs and a CD Drive / SCSI2SD.

It was something I never got around to testing and only have UltraSIMMs around now…

@Darksoft @ShootTheCore

I only have UltraSIMMs around now as well so I don't have an answer for you. Sorry about that.

@Darksoft @ShootTheCore
I tested it and @Mitsurugi-w as well. Actually, all the Repro carts that we sell have the UltraBIOS, we dont use the SuperBios anymore.

Thanks @Darksoft and @mathewbeall — was for a potential customer.

Wanted to make 100% sure this NoCD cart would work on his setup with a CD drive and he was able to program games. Good to know.

Wanted to make 100% sure this NoCD cart would work on his setup with a CD drive and he was able to program games. Good to know.

My understanding is that the NoCD UltraBIOS won’t let you program a new game to the SIMMs - only boot up the game that’s already flashed on them.

My understanding is that the NoCD UltraBIOS won’t let you program a new game to the SIMMs - only boot up the game that’s already flashed on them.
Which was my original question :)

@mathewbeall and @Darksoft could you please confirm? Last thing I want to be doing is sending this cart off and having an unhappy customer!

It was something I never got around to testing and only have UltraSIMMs around now…l
Which was my original question :)

@mathewbeall and @Darksoft could you please confirm? Last thing I want to be doing is sending this cart off and having an unhappy customer!
That is correct - you can only boot an already loaded Darksoft ISO with a NoCD BIOS. You can’t write and/or rewrite games, nor go into the option menu.

Apologies - I thought you wanted to know if it worked, as in booted the games.... not if you could reprogram the SIMM's.

Matt

I think he wants a dip pcb with remote control support?

Back