What's new

waterborn

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a regular over a KLOV and a fellow member there gave me a heads up about this forum. I recently purchased what I thought was a complete Deco Burgertime arcade cocktail machine only to discover that the cassette was missing. I heard about Darksoft's Deco project and hope that comes together!

Dane

Welcome! I actually think we are in the final stages of developing that kit. The protos are on the way. Code is working though it needs some refinement and testing on hardware. Stay tuned!

alejandro, I understand that one must pay his dues first. However, if Darksoft gets this kit together, then I WILL buy one :) Thanks for the welcoming messages and PLEASE keep us posted Darksoft!

While I await the completion of this project, I've Been trouble shooting my Deco CT and have a few things I need to figure out. Right now I am not getting any proper picture on the screen. Trying to figure out whether I have the correct information on the video out (which pins go to which video input:Red, Blue, Green, Ground and VSync).

If I wire the Vsync feed as indicated in the manual that I was able to track down, I get this pattern on the screen
IMG_2155_zpshx2ccuoj.jpg

If I reverse the wire order on the VSync feed, I get this pattern:
IMG_2156_zpsflsymb6a.jpg

Also trying to figure out if it matters which slots in the MB the boards are hooked into. Do you have a four slot MB with 3 boards? If so, which slots are they connected to? Also, can you confirm what pin-outs you are using on the video sync board?

SUCCESS! I disconnected all board connections, reseated the boards, reconnected the ribbon cables and put the vsync pins in the order listed above. THIS is what I get!

IMG_2160_zpsjdoh2lpu.jpg

Thanks for all of the help!

Now I just need to get my hands on either a working BT tape or a full kit (tape & security dongle) for another game. That is until the new multigame board comes out from Darksoft. So stoked right now!

My table is waiting also. I repaired the monitor two years ago and it's been waiting ever since. I ordered so many parts but never got a working cassette and dongle combo. I gave up until this is done.

I just took the plunge and order 3 "untested" kits from a member over at KLOV. Do you get the blue startup screen and cassette error #59 when you power up your machine? If so (and my cassette player and these kits work), then I can loan you one to at least see if your system is functional.

I borrowed someone's Widel multi kit so I know it's all good. Just gotta wait.

Quick update: Got three complete kits from Phetish over at KLOV and tried them out. Pretty sure my tape deck is shot as there was no evidence of any spindle turning. The error message went away, but after messing the the tape deck a bit, I realized that was because the pins that register a tape were depressed, signaling a tape was in place. Once I realized this, I was able to duplicate the disappearing error message by simply depressing the three tape indicator pins with my finger.

So now my search for a working cassette deck begins and/or I wait for the new multi-kits to come out. The saga continues it seems. :)

I have two decks. Both had the same problem. They originally came with black rubber drive belts. Over the years the drive belts literally disintegrate into an oily black goo. Check and see if you even have working drive belts.

Back