What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
20 years later the franchise gets a reboot... nothing more than a image and announce trailer atm. Nice work!

Fatal-Fury-Ann_08-07-22_Artwork-1440x2037.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YP3wVygHLg

Yeah seems like Evo this year was awesome. I managed to catch Daigo getting eliminated in SFV live on my lunch break.

I just wish there was a way to watch with no commentary. Those guys are honestly so fucking over the top and annoying. It’s almost like they’re trying hard to say something that will become a meme. Meh.

I, on the other hand, thought the Evo commentators were fantastic and add to the experience. It wouldn't be the same without them. David and James on top 8 back in the arena was healing.

SFV was such a heartbreak, Idom came so close. One of my favorite players, was on the edge of me seat at the end, wanted it to work out for him so badly.

SNK has been doing a lot right with KOF15, and announcing rollback for Samurai Shodown, really glad that Garou 2 is happening. KOF is a little intimidating for new people to get into I think, because the roster is so huge and you have to pick a team. Also makes it fun, but I get how it's overwhelming. A new Garou might be an easier sell to new players with a more 'normal' number of characters and no team mechanic.

Whole generation doesn't know SNK games now.

Fatal fury games were awsome...in fact was there ever a bad Snk game? Like capcom snk were the gods of 2D.

Talking of reboots, what I'm hoping for is a Virtua Fighter reboot.

The "possible" tekken 8 tease is also exciting

At the very same time as that trailer dropped, over at the gameawards twitter we saw the Kazuya face posted. My educated guess is they will announce Tekken 8 official at the game awards.

unknown.png

As for Garou, whats the big difference from KOF? I know there is the single vs multi character perspective.

Fatal fury games were awsome...in fact was there ever a bad Snk game? Like capcom snk were the gods of 2D.
Ironically SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos is a pretty bad game. Cool to see, but gameplay wise it's uh, not great.

There were not 40 characters in Garou but they were mega polished vs KOF.
The art, the music, the moves! What a game.

They are very big shoes to fill and i can only hope they will do it justice but i am very afraid they will screw it up…
Fingers crossed.

Is this the emergence of the lost Garou: MoTW 2 game?
Seems hard not to talk about that lost proto when this reboot has been announced out of nowhere.

Is this the emergence of the lost Garou: MoTW 2 game?
It's imo 100% a 3D game, SNK is probably never making another pixel art game again. The lost assets are neat, but they're not gonna do anything with them. There's just no mass market for that kind of title now, low rez sprites will get ignored (or dunked on) by new players, and they don't have the artists to do it anymore. KOF13 nearly murdered them, they talked about how hard it was to get people to do it.

Seems hard not to talk about that lost proto when this reboot has been announced out of nowhere.

It not really out of nowhere though, is it? SamSho did okay, KOF15 has been well received, they announced it at the biggest fighting game event of the year (same place KOF15 was teased a few years ago), so not exactly random.

I mean, I hear you, it's funny timing. But there's no reason to get any hopes up.

They are very big shoes to fill and i can only hope they will do it justice but i am very afraid they will screw it up…
I think they won't "do it justice" because it's probably going to be a slightly better looking KOF15, just like that game was better looking than SamSho. They're getting there, slowly. It's not going to be a class leading visual title though, they don't have the 3D chops. I think if the basic look is KOF15 with some lighting and effects improvements it will be totally palatable still. Just not mind blowing.

But, I don't think that means they screw it up. KOf15 is a well designed game. They clearly can still make fighting games.

Back