What's new

fox_tango

Student
Reaction score
Well, since I started posting already on a Triforce thread, and I'm looking to procrastinate work a bit, seems like the perfect time to post up an intro!

I've been into pinball/arcade games for about 15 years now. It started with a Cyclone pinball machine (with full spousal approval) and grew from there (with slightly less enthusiastic spousal approval).

Current collection includes:
Cyclone Pinball
Comet Pinball
Q-Bert (fully restored)
DK-Jr
Omega Race
Moon Patrol (only temporary, am fixing it for my buddy)

and the latest addition to the collection are three F-Zero AX Deluxe cabinets. These are all my sons fault. He is a HUGE F-zero fan. He was obviously spoiled growing up having every Nintendo system from my childhood connected and playable. He really fell in love with F-Zero. He located the deal for these cabs on the local CL. The plan is to keep one for him for when he eventually (hopefully) graduates from college and gets his own house. I just need to move now to a place with a walkout basement so I can keep the other two... (probably not happening).

Anyway, I've got way too many hobbies and jump around quite a bit (others include: electronics, ATVs, high powered rocketry, and R/C). This project has me fully re-engaged on arcade game repair. I've begun slowly cleaning/checking/repairing/upgrading each of the machines. I'll locate the proper sub-forum here and post some info and results.

Thanks for reading, and happy to be here!

Welcome!!! You will like it here.

Japanese cabs are a work of art and addictive.

Welcome to the club! This place is a wealth of information and has some truly good people. There's no such thing as a dumb question; I know I've probably asked my fair share in the last five and a half years.

If you ever need help with getting anything from Japan please don't hesitate to reach out : )

Back