What's new
Read out the contents of the modules and verify with the original data.
Sorry this is a dumb question, but would I be able to do that with the same programmer? I used the Xport flash cat.

Edit: I think I found it, and now will be doing the comparisons.

Edit part 2: After reseating for the nth time and made sure the modules were flashed correctly. I also made sure the dipswitch was placed nicely as well and now it works~

Last edited:
Dear folks
I wanna know how to build the rom set for system 1 multi
Do someone tell me the way to build them?
Of course will pay handling for that
Please send me an e-mail

I saw there was a new set of ROM's for the System 1 - dated 2023, so figured I would reburn mine.

However, I can't for the life of me - get my flashcatusb XPORT to be seen within the app. I downloaded the latest version of software, installed the driver for it - it shows up fine in the device manager, the power light comes on, but when I load the flashcatusb app - it says its disconnected.

Any suggestions?

Matt

If your Flashcat’s firmware isn’t up to date with the app then it won’t detect it. IIRC, You can update the firmware by flipping a switch to FW and holding down the button while connecting it to USB power.

If your Flashcat’s firmware isn’t up to date with the app then it won’t detect it. IIRC, You can update the firmware by flipping a switch to FW and holding down the button while connecting it to USB power.
Thanks - let me give that a shot!

Just launching the FlashCat app with the programmer set in Firmware Update mode should be all you have to do - it'll update the firmware from there.

1712599595653.png

Just launching the FlashCat app with the programmer set in Firmware Update mode should be all you have to do - it'll update the firmware from there.

1712599595653.png
Thanks - was looking for a separate firmware file - my older download had that.

getting closer - firmware updated, and its recognized now by the app.

But it can't see the flash chip. I chose "Parallel NAND flash" as from the 1.2 instructions it seems like that is it, and hit F1 - but I get this.

1712619892103.png

Parallel NOR is the same

1712620063382.png

and here is the chip

IMG_8113.jpg

strange - I just tried another chip, and got this with Parallel NOR mode

1712620288256.png

and I get this if I go into NAND mode

1712620339280.png

But I am not getting what I see in the 1.2 instructions - which is this:

1712620433453.png

I suggest contacting the FlashCat author and linking him your first and third photos - it looks to me like you have everything set correctly. Maybe he changed something in the software that broke the NOR X16 detection of the Micron flash chips. He’s responded quickly whenever I’ve contacted him.

https://www.embeddedcomputers.net/contact/

I managed to find a copy of build 608 - and one ONE of the chips, got this error:

Initializing Parallel mode
Parallel mode successfully initialized
Attempting to automatically detect Flash device
Mode NOR X16 (Word addressing) returned ident code: 0x006743B937
Mode NOR X16 (Byte addressing) returned ident code: 0x00008061B3
Mode NOR X8 returned ident code: 0x0E00676F5C
Connected to Flash (CHIP ID: 0x0E00676F5C)
Common Flash Interface information not present
For device support email support@embeddedcomputers.net with the DEVICE ID

But then I put another flash module on, and got the above where it said the device wasn't in parallel mode.

SOOOO - heck if I know! I figure at this point, I won't reprogram the flash modules :)

I did email embedded computers - but now I am not sure it's a version issue.

For sure not a NAND chip. It's a NOR. Which Flashcat exactly do you have?
Maybe a fellow member from the US can help you programming those.

Back