What's new
For Sale

rancor

Professional
Reaction score
Please read all of the below before you order.

I've done this about 5 times on another forum, and have been asked by a few people to bring the opportunity over here ;)

This is a group order for newly manufactured official Taito 43cm and 48cm arcade stools (see pic below)

The 43cm stools are meant for older CRT cabs such as Egrets, Blasts, Astros, Ponys, etc...
The 48cm stools are meant for newer LCD cabs such as Viewlix or Lindhbergs.

I will keep this order open until April 20th. I reserve the right to
close it early if there gets to be more than I feel I can handle. This
is a group buy for brand new 43cm or 48cm Taito stools. Pictures of each
follow this wall of text. The stools will take a month to be
manufactured. They should all be at my house by ~May 25th. I will
then begin shipping as soon as possible in the order of who paid.

There's no need to PM me here on AP about anything - a few times each
day I will update the list below with who has paid, and I will also
update when the stools are received and when I ship.

If you do have a question, please feel free to ask below and I'll do my best to answer.

IMPORTANT - When sending me money please include your username here on
this forum, and MAKE SURE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS IS CORRECT. I will be
using your address in Paypal - NOT the one you PM me or send to me by
email. It's too confusing to keep track of things if there are too many
"special cases" - I want to be able to reference everything in one
place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stool Prices:

For UK / France / USA / Switzerland / Australia / Singapore the prices are:

2 stools - $260.00 USD

3 stools - $310.00 USD

4 stools - $510.00 USD

5 stools - $560.00 USD

6 stools - $610.00 USD

For more, please PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paid:

Arcade-projects.com

thomas3184 - 43cm x 2
tonyt76 - 43cm x 2, 48cm x 1
jassin000 - 48cm x 2
bfontain - 48cm x 2
suprawhite - 48cm x 2
NeoLurker - 48cm x 3
baron_keskel - 48cm x 3
kioku25 - 43cm x 1, 48cm x 2
adgenet - 48cm x 3 (and red Taito ashtray)
TritonDrwe - 48cm x 2
Phimers - 48cm x 2
gamenwatch - 43cm x 2
BlinG - 43cm x 2
Mitsurugi-W - 43cm x 6
Reclaimer - 48cm x 2 (and arcade tokens / brackets)
Kazuo - 43cm x 2

------------------------------------

arcadeotaku.com

Kadrik0 - 43cm x 2
JimPansenmann - 43cm x 6
mmsiphone - 43cm x 2
neferio - 48cm x 2
mikaeltarquin - 43cm x 2
cmoliveira - 43cm x 2
Stox58 - 43cm x 2
Zoomboy - 48cm x 2
Ikaru - 43cm x 2, 48cm x 1
hsien88 - 48cm x 3
Stytch - 43cm x 2
WupWuh - 43cm x 6
Gatsu1233 x 48cm

------------------------------------

Totals:

43cm x 43
48cm x 35

The above prices includes surface shipping, and will come with a
tracking number. Your item(s) will arrive 4-6 weeks after I ship, so
we're looking at the stools arriving at your door 11 to 14 weeks after
you make payment. You can track your shipment here:

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html

Send the money to: ORDERS CLOSED

In the Paypal "notes", please remember to write the name of this forum (I am selling across 2 forums) your username as well as what size stools you are ordering.

example: "Arcade Projects - rancor - 43cm x 2"

Taito Stools

taito_stools.JPG

Last edited:
I have 5 of the 43cm that I ordered from Taito and I'm very happy with them. These are fair prices, and being able to order without a minimum is really helpful. If you're curious, because I was, here's the breakdown of the price per at the different ranges. Just how the shipping works out, but still, I thought it was interesting. I might need more myself, great service for everyone!

2 stools - $130 each

3 stools - $103 each

4 stools - $128 each

5 stools - $112 each

6 stools - $102 each

Was it even more expensive ordering straight from taito? I think jassin was quoted 160 each or something.

That's a little odd as I'm thinking of getting 4 (48cm x 2,43cm x 2), but for $128 per stool is not as good as $103 if you buy 3 stool.

It's just the way that shipping works out. Believe me, this has been gone over ad nauseum over on Arcade Otaku for the last 5 orders. You're welcome to go through the posts over there if its a burning interest. ;)

The reason that pricing has gone up a small percentage is that sometimes people back out and want refunds. Rather than trying to contact me, they just submit a Paypal claim. I've had 5 in a year now from doing the stools, and I guess Paypal has deemed me "risky" and upped the percentage they take from me. Please - if you want a refund just ask. Don't submit a fraud / undelivered item claim.

That's a little odd as I'm thinking of getting 4 (48cm x 2,43cm x 2), but for $128 per stool is not as good as $103 if you buy 3 stool.
It is rather easy....get 3 or get 6 and sell two of them (or find somebody here from CA and do a order together)

Rancor is a top notch service guy and i would buy from him blind if i would be in need of a stool (which i'm not, as i have 4 old school red and blue one from YHJ i ordered myself like 10 years ago...)

Was it even more expensive ordering straight from taito? I think jassin was quoted 160 each or something.
It was roughly the same price, but you have to deal with doing a wire transfer from your bank and the fees for that and their minimum order. rancor is providing an awesome service letting you pick your own minimum, and as I said, very fair price. Shipping is what it is, you're gonna have to deal with it one way or another, you can't get worked up about what it does to the per unit price.

However if anyone in SoCal is trying to work out the best deal there are more than enough of us here to figure out a group order I'm sure. I don't need more stools now, but I can envision a future where I might, and I know people who would probably be in too, not to mention everyone else in this forum down here already.

The reason that pricing has gone up a small percentage is that sometimes people back out and want refunds. Rather than trying to contact me, they just submit a Paypal claim.
Ugh. Why would you submit a claim toPaypal? Just don't be a jerk to the person who's helping you out, is that so hard? I've been dealing with orders and shipping and Paypal myself for years, I know the headache of the fickle public, but luckily I haven't had too much drama. Just flakes heh.

It was roughly the same price, but you have to deal with doing a wire transfer from your bank and the fees for that and their minimum order.
This is the email I received two days ago...

OVS
Tue, Apr 2, 9:04 PM
to me, OVS

Hello Jay,

Thank you for your new order!

Minimum order quantity for 48cm stools is 5 pcs. Please see the quotation below;

481008010 TT STOOL T50(48cm) BLACK LEATHER @JPY5500 x5=27500

Shipping charge would be JPY59500.

Best Regards,

Yugo / Junko

Taito corporation

So that's 27500 yen plus 59500 yen for a total of 87000 yen, at current exchange rate (not counting international wire transfer fee or currency conversion fees banks charge) 778.74$.
Divide 779$ by 5 and you get 155.80$... Aka somehow Rancor is getting these directly from Taito for less than they will sell them to me.

Two stools at my cost would be 311.60$ not including above mentioned fees or shipping to your address!

2 stools - $260.00 USD
I'd say that's approx 100$ less than I could ever sell 2 stools for without bankrupting myself.
I'm just canceling my request/order because yea... You would be crazy to buy one of these for more money from me, and I could never match that price without taking a loss.

The reason that pricing has gone up a small percentage is that sometimes people back out and want refunds. Rather than trying to contact me, they just submit a Paypal claim.
Yes he is talking about me here, I submitted a Paypal claim... But the truth is I did PM, three times, not even asking for a refund just what was up, with no response whatsoever...
What other choice did I have? I didn't get any communication until I submitted the claim.

Do I wish this could have worked out differently? Are you kidding of course I do, but I still maintain I did nothing wrong.
I take issue with the "rather than trying to contact me" part of that post, because at least in my case that simply isn't true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hold no hard feelings against you for that. We had a special deal going to see what I could get a bench out for, and it just didn't work out. You were the first of a few. I wasn't active on this forum, and for some reason wasn't receiving notifications that I had PM's or else they were going to spam.. I'm not sure.. The Paypal chargeback was literally the first thing I heard about you wanting to communicate.

I hold no hard feelings against you for that.
Thanks rancor you as well... I know it was just a misunderstanding.
I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to deal with me again, I am highly tempted to order two stools from you next week tho, just saying. ;)

@jassin000 please give @rancor the benefit of the doubt, he is a top dude.

not saying that you were wrong or anything because you couldn't get in touch.

oh btw if anyone can get the benches with the back rest, please let me know! :D

Go right ahead - like I said, no hard feelings and it was misunderstanding. We're both upstanding and active members in the community, so I don't think there was ever a risk of anything untoward happening on either end. I think we both could have handled it better, but sometimes things just happen.

:D

Also btw, I've bought 5x 43cm stools direct from Taito and with all fees/etc I paid pretty much the exact same per stool shipped to the USA as from @rancor.

It's also way easier to purchase from @rancor, no wire transfer BS or associated fees.

If I ever need more stools, you can be damn sure I'll be getting them from him if he's still offering this service!

Payment sent for 2x 48cm Taito "Vewlix" stools. :thumbsup:

Shipping address with Paypal correct, and site/username in notes as instructed.

One week left! Get in on these if you're sitting on the fence, as I probably wont be doing this again.

The interest in these has been... underwhelming... to say the least. ?(

Back