What's new
I actually don’t have any 27C400 chips here (but want some!). I used my last ones on a conversion just last week. Been tough for me to get working ones lately. 12 of 20 were DOA off eBay.

Also FWIW, as the vendor of multi kits, under no circumstance can I provide any game ROMs on a pre-built SD. I’m extremely strict about this, but holla on the Australian Roll Call Thread and maybe someone else can help out?

I sent you a PM about it... was more so aiming to get a tested modBIOS chip and SD card that has been tested as working in a darkknight kit.

Files can obviously be removed from the SD card prior to sending.

Trying to rule out any issues with BIOS/SD cards we have used so far.

Just tested on another Astro city and 2x aero cities. All exhibit the same behaviour ie. when you select a game, the second led turns on constantly and does nothing.

The LCD/OLED screen doesn't say "flash writing" or the progress bar.

1683252063043.png

Just want to confirm If the unit is properly operational (with or without the reset/audio wires), the "flash writing" message on the normal LCD? This is not exhibited at all for this unit.

Also tried a random 128mb micro sd card from an old Nokia and loaded just 3 games in it. I could scroll through, but when I pressed enter to select the game, the exact same behaviour was shown ie. 2nd LED light turns on, no "flash writing" message.

The only other thing I haven't tried is replacing the bios. I also don't have any 27C400's unfortunately, I could've burnt this myself and tried it also. However, reading the installation guide, it's stating it's recommended, but not required, so in theory, it should still work.

I think outside of the BIOS, all resources have been exhausted and I'm completely out of ideas.

The loading bar should display.

Reset and Audio wires are optional. Without the reset wire you will need to power cycle after a game is loaded.

Might be worth checking the settings in the Test menu with no Multi plugged in, just in case something’s missed.

I think one of the multis that you guys ordered included a 8GB SD card from my Deluxe Kits…
. Maybe the CPS-1 kit. If you could try that card that would help rule out the SD issue.

Maybe if all that fails remove the reset wire and reflow that section so it’s tidy and try the Multi again with no wires.

I’ll be in touch with Dragon on PM to organise a blank SD if none of this is successful.

Sorry you’re having so many issues with the install. Will get to the bottom of it.

The loading bar should display.

This is my biggest worry as to why it doesn't display. No bar or "flash writing" has ever displayed since installing, even pre f/w update

Reset and Audio wires are optional. Without the reset wire you will need to power cycle after a game is loaded.

That's what I thought. So in theory, it should still "flash write" the memory and then when you power cycle, the game should be loaded right? If so, none of that happens. The multi cart is refusing to flash the memory. Well at least that's the behaviour I'm seeing

Might be worth checking the settings in the Test menu with no Multi plugged in, just in case something’s missed.

I wasn't really sure what to look for, I tried it, I got to the test menu, but wasn't really sure what the exactly look for

I think one of the multis that you guys ordered included a 8GB SD card from my Deluxe Kits…
. Maybe the CPS-1 kit. If you could try that card that would help rule out the SD issue.

I disassembled the CPS1 multi with is 100% operational. It has a 16GB sandisk on it.

I used one of the existing sd cards on the ST-V and copied all the games from the CPS1 multi to the same games folder on the ST-V card, I loaded up the CPS1 multi and it worked using a brand new 64GB Samsung Card.

I then used the Black 16gb sandisk card from the deluxe pack, and did the same thing but in reverse, so I put all the ST-V games in the games directory, left out the sounds directory, I loaded it up and it behaved exactly the same. Can scroll through games, but when you select a game, the 2nd LED turns on on the multi, the LCD freezes, I can't see a progress bar and I can no longer scroll through the games.

Based on that, I personally don't believe the SD is the issue.

Maybe if all that fails remove the reset wire and reflow that section so it’s tidy and try the Multi again with no wires.

I removed the reset wire, reflowed, cleaned with IPA, tried the multi again, but still the same behaviour as previously mentioned.

bHEFgUXl.jpg

Because I'm a complete sucker for continuity testing, I tested all these points and found it all continuous with the leg

IC12 pin 8 leg to pad
IC12 pin 8 leg to VIA
IC12 pin 8 leg to R440 right side (where the 4 is)
IC12 pin 8 leg to the Sega Custom pad
IC12 pin 8 leg to the Sega custom leg

9wy8xADl.jpg

The reset wire was re-installed and also checked for continuity as above and all checked out fine

CEBikdtl.jpg

I’ll be in touch with Dragon on PM to organise a blank SD if none of this is successful.

Awesome! I'm hoping it's the SD, but based on the findings I had with the CPS1 SD card from you as well, I will be very surprised if anything changes with the different card

Sorry you’re having so many issues with the install. Will get to the bottom of it.

It's all good, it is what it is. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it all.

I think it’s best to send the multi back and I can test it on the same motherboard using the same SD as before I sent it to rule out a motherboard issue on your end.

What you think @Darksoft ?

So when is separate sound pcb going to be out? Anytime soon?
I am using previous version of ST-V multi and want to upgrade to Darknight version with sound pcb.

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a multi STV. I tried it on 2 Motherboards (with multi bios), but I constantly have the same error message : error on cartridge. The multi is a ultra knight edition from save your games).
Flashing process seems working (on LCD screen).
I hope you could help me :)
Thanks

I forgot to give some informations:
On the first MB I tried :
- with Reset and audio cable.
- Without both cable
- Reflow SH2 chips
On the other MB, I just tried multi.

Can you send a picture if your setup and the exact error that you get?

Of course, i will take a pic tomorrow.
By the way when i powering on my slot, when no game was flashed (on the first boot) I have « error on cartidge ».
When I flash a game I can ear « sega », but black screen and « error on cartidge » on the bottom of the screen.
I have a sd card in fat32 (on Mac OS).

Shame on me! I format my SD on windows and now it works!
Thanks you a lot ;)

So for those who have the same error message « error on cartridge »:
- use windows to format SD card (first I used macOS
- check cold solder on SH2
- check cold solder on IC

Last edited:
Back