What's new
Want To Buy

Gato

Beginner
Reaction score
It's a childhood favorite of mine. I remember playing this in a sitdown cab (which included a flighstick w/trigger!) at my local arcade. The OST by Zuntata is immaculate.

I've tried playing the ports and they've all got problems from either too low of a resolution (Sega CD) or sporadic load times (Saturn). The PS2 Japanese Taito collection that includes the arcade port, for some reason, has some of the sound effects sound off. Or it could be that the emulated version I play has the wonky sounds? lol

Anyways, just trying to own a piece of nostalgia. If anyone else recommends a better way to play Taito Z games (besides MAME) I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks! :D

I too also think this is an awesome game. Surprisingly had a lot of fun playing it at Galloping Ghost last year when I went. Was just making the rounds trying out stuff I've never played but this one surprised me.

They do come up from time to time but, fair warning, it's typically a very expensive game! SO worth it though, the music and style is just unmatched.

I think getting yourself an analog flight stick to play is probably the ideal control setup for a candy or other non-original cab.

Yep, been searching for that gold nugget for a while now... and the very few times I saw one, it was waaaaay outta my league.
The last one spotted was on ebay, the seller was asking for a tiny 2500$ for it O.O

Good luck finding one tho ! At least it wll be easier to find than a Vertexer.

I am selling an entire upright cabinet... I will not remove the PCB from it as it is complete and the serial number matches the cabinet #124. I am just waiting on replacement pots to come in for the X and Y adjustment as the current ones have gone bad so it can't be calibrated properly. The last PCB sold for around $1500 on eBay I was planning on asking $1800 for the full cabinet so it moves quickly.

Attachments

• night striker 2.jpg
    night striker 2.jpg
    952.3 KB · Views: 136
  • night striker.jpg
    night striker.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 171
I am selling an entire upright cabinet... I will not remove the PCB from it as it is complete and the serial number matches the cabinet #124. I am just waiting on replacement pots to come in for the X and Y adjustment as the current ones have gone bad so it can't be calibrated properly. The last PCB sold for around $1500 on eBay I was planning on asking $1800 for the full cabinet so it moves quickly.
Assuming this is a Michigan or Ohio pickup, I literally just ran to my garage to measure the cargo space in my Subaru.
It would be a close drive to scoop this baby up.
I sure would like this game.
What's the dimensions on this cabinet?
I'm assuming about 71 inches tall at its peak?

ALSO, does it come with the butt picture?
buttstriker.JPG

Last edited:
that's funny I picked it up from Chicago area... it still has a sticker from an Aladdin's Castle in IL. I drove to Galloping Ghosts with it in the back of a van since I had never been there before! Yes it's located in Warren, MI. I measured it and it's 72.5 inches tall by 33 inches wide. I think it's proper to give Gato first crack at it but they would need it to be shipped vs you picking it up.

Edit: I took the picture out of the marquee already but I have multiple copies of it..

story here
https://twitter.com/GVgalore/status/1214280420730245129?s=20

Wow, this is such a great deal. I wish I was local and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase with pickup.

I live in Los Angeles, CA and shipping would make it cost more than I can afford. Oh, man, so cool for whoever gets this.

I just wanted to be sure the OP of the thread got a chance to reply! I would be sad to check back on a thread I made to find out someone else scooped it... so @Psyko-M1 is next in line and maybe someone else has a lead on just PCB for @Gato ?

Back