What's new
@PASTBLASTER

The previous owner of my Lindy swapped the monitor to a LG & opened the monitor case & has the remote board dangling for easier OSD access if you don't mind losing your warrantee its a good solution.

@PASTBLASTER

The previous owner of my Lindy swapped the monitor to a LG & opened the monitor case & has the remote board dangling for easier OSD access if you don't mind losing your warrantee its a good solution.
That's not a bad idea. I'll do that the next time I'm in the Lindy

Could I get the STL file for this as well? I need to swap my monitor!

I'd really love an extension cable to be able to extend the remote board. Maybe someone smarter than me can figure that out.

As I don't have a 3d printer I enlisted the help of @FrancoB & as always he has done a excellent job I just need to get a Ultragear now ;)

Attachments

• 20240313_182755-M.jpg
    20240313_182755-M.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_1597.JPG
    DSC_1597.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 38
All arrived today excellent design & prints just need the monitor now ;) thanks again @jermz1 & @FrancoB

Attachments

• DSC_1598.JPG
    DSC_1598.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1603.JPG
    DSC_1603.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1605.JPG
    DSC_1605.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1601.JPG
    DSC_1601.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_1602.JPG
    DSC_1602.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
So I bit the bullet today & ordered a LG Ultragear 32GP850-B (£310) which has the same dimensions as the LG 32GN650-B prob slight overkill for the stuff I will use on it but that's the cheapest one we have in the UK, ordered direct from LG where you get 2% off everything after sign-up & 5% off your first purchase so worked out £40 cheaper than Amazon.

Other option was the 32GN600B imported from Amazon Ireland but only sold with a 30 warranty for £253 & the 850 UK model that has a 2 year warranty.

My Lindy has the:

https://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitors/fhd-qhd/32ml600m-b

In it but I have no idea on how the previous owner mounted it.

Howdy fellas! I recently picked up 2 blancs myself and ordered 2 x LG 32GN650-B 1440p monitors to swap out as I've seen in @PASTBLASTER 's youtube vids. Looking foward to start work on the conversion. Is there a way to go about requesting the files for the 3D print monitor brackets?

Attachments

• 433633651_7845462135473305_6556115516870139021_n.jpg
    433633651_7845462135473305_6556115516870139021_n.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 28
Hey there, gratz on the pickup! They are awesome little cabs for sure.

@jermz1 is the designer of the brackets, so maybe see if he is ready to release them publicly.

I don't know if the brackets are happening, but thank you for the info. Has anyone had any experience using gorilla tape and spacers to hold a monitor in place? I'm debating between this and possibly some spacers. Not sure how the tape will hold up to the heat over time though.

My other idea was using metal plumbers tape to create some straps to go ground the back side of the monitors. I received both my monitors last night and plan on slapping em in this weekend so my mind is racing with different ways I could go about this.

Last edited:
Hey there, gratz on the pickup! They are awesome little cabs for sure.

@jermz1 is the designer of the brackets, so maybe see if he is ready to release them publicly.
The monitors I received with the cab are actually in great condition, Do these sell well on the used market?

I'm not sure, but I doubt it. Mine were pretty gassed so I wound up disposing of them.

I guess it can't hurt to see, but most people wanting to upgrade will just get the 32" LG monitors.

Screen tech has moved on a lot in 10+ years so unless your a purest they will prob end up in landfill, I will offer mine up in a UK forum free section soon.
OEM brackets are worth keeping though.

My LG UG monitor turned up today so it will be something to do over the Easter break.

Edit:

Just took it out of the box for a quick look & what struck me is how light the monitor is compared to the OEM unit been more metal & less plastic but still, I had stripped most of the brackets ect off the oem one.
We have 32" industrial touch screen monitors at work & those are really heavy too, I caught the edge of one a few weeks back & it popped like car glass.

It came with HDMI & display port cables although I opted for a right angle HDMI that a pre-bought so won't be using the oem stuff.

Attachments

• DSC_1615.JPG
    DSC_1615.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Screen tech has moved on a lot in 10+ years so unless your a purest they will prob end up in landfill, I will offer mine up in a UK forum free section soon.
OEM brackets are worth keeping though.

My LG UG monitor turned up today so it will be something to do over the Easter break.

Edit:

Just took it out of the box for a quick look & what struck me is how light the monitor is compared to the OEM unit been more metal & less plastic but still, I had stripped most of the brackets ect off the oem one.
We have 32" industrial touch screen monitors at work & those are really heavy too, I caught the edge of one a few weeks back & it popped like car glass.

It came with HDMI & display port cables although I opted for a right angle HDMI that a pre-bought so won't be using the oem stuff.
Good to know. I honestly wasn't expecting to make a killing, just wondering if they even sale. I have a buddy who owns an arcade locally, might just see if he wants them for free, as he has a few noirs.

I'm also installing my monitors this weekend, will post pics of the progress.

Back