What's new
Question guys, is the 350 Euro just for the multi kit like the CPS2 or is it like the whole system?

Sorry im a noob lol :whistling:

Question guys, is the 350 Euro just for the multi kit like the CPS2 or is it like the whole system?

CPS2 A+B boards doesn't come with the multi mate , in the CPS1 case will be the same i think. You must have some donor games like Quiz, SF2 Hyper Figheter, etc... imho :saint:

It will just be the “multi” which is the middle “B” board. You will still need the big “A” board and the little “C” board to run it.

I *think* @Apocalypse is working on a workaround so that the C Board won't be necessary at all, just the A Board. I think I've read something about this in previous pages, but not 100% sure.

I *think* @Apocalypse is working on a workaround so that the C Board won't be necessary at all, just the A Board. I think I've read something about this in previous pages, but not 100% sure.
From what I understand it will require a C board, but ANY should do as it will patch on the fly

As of today, looks like price will be similar to CPS2, so about 350 EUR
Last days i've thinking about selling my Cps1 Quiz game (this is one of the ready boards who will work with the multi) ... but with this post ... i'll keep my board and i'll wating for the biggest announcement to come paciently :whistling:
@AlxUnderBase is there a list of what boards work somewhere?

As of today, looks like price will be similar to CPS2, so about 350 EUR
Last days i've thinking about selling my Cps1 Quiz game (this is one of the ready boards who will work with the multi) ... but with this post ... i'll keep my board and i'll wating for the biggest announcement to come paciently :whistling:
@AlxUnderBase is there a list of what boards work somewhere?
@Bigsingerdawg -> here is a theard where are some infos about... you'll see there.

From what I understand it will require a C board, but ANY should do as it will patch on the fly
Exactly that, a working C board is still necessary but it can be any model. Patching will be done on the fly accordingly and kick harness/3-4 player connectors will be on the new B board (as many C boards lack support for it).

Exactly that, a working C board is still necessary but it can be any model. Patching will be done on the fly accordingly and kick harness/3-4 player connectors will be on the new B board (as many C boards lack support for it).
Thanks for all your hard work @Apocalypse okay so get a working C board or need any C and a specific B?

I have a Final Fight and a street fighter 2 hyper fighting board for the multi.. I should be okay

Sorry for the confusion - as I understand it, any CPS1 A board and any C board will work with the upcoming Multi. The Multi will replace the entire B board. The Multi will supposedly also have a way to adjust the CPU clock speed between 10 mhz and 12 mhz as appropriate for different games - hence why either a short or long A board should be fine.

The CPS 1.5 compatibility if you also have a Q Sound board is wishful thinking / pleading on my part. :D

Sorry for the confusion - as I understand it, any CPS1 A board and any C board will work with the upcoming Multi. The Multi will replace the entire B board. The Multi will supposedly also have a way to adjust the CPU clock speed between 10 mhz and 12 mhz as appropriate for different games - hence why either a short or long A board should be fine.

The CPS 1.5 compatibility if you also have a Q Sound board is wishful thinking / pleading on my part. :D
The thing with CPS 1.5 is the sound section on the A board is not populated IIRC? So if you wanted to play both CPS1 and CPS1.5 games with it you'd need to add those parts yourself I'd imagine.

If qsound boards can be reproduced somehow it would be great, if not considering the number of games and the price of 1.5 kits, I would rather donate for cps 1.5>2 conversions than buy cps 1.5 kit to get the qsound board

The thing with CPS 1.5 is the sound section on the A board is not populated IIRC? So if you wanted to play both CPS1 and CPS1.5 games with it you'd need to add those parts yourself I'd imagine.
?( I wonder if that would work, add the missing sound components to the A board. Would the cps1 game roms need to be heavily modified to play on the CPS1.5 boardset? How would the correct sounds play through the correct components/sound section? The multi would also need to load sound data to the qsound board for the CPS1.5 games.

A CPS1.5 multi that also plays the CPS1 games = ultimate CPS1/1.5 Multi , how much would that multi cost/what would you pay for it?? :D

Back