What's new
And I'll buy the Darksoft/Apocalypse version because I am not French. Aje_fr only sells to the French.
His decision was based on the fact it was easier for him to get the boards back in case a flaw is found or something has to be updated.
Nothing to do with xenophobia. :) (proof is Derick got one, so as DS).

For the record, I'm not bashing Aje_fr, as I would buy his kit in a second. (as would most if not all members here).

But if I had a choice between the two, it's Darksoft's all the way. Not only for the cool features and great support, but to support the people HERE who are doing amazing work to make these awesome kits.

As I have zero technical skills, the only way for me to support the community is through buying these kits here.

So I will continue to do so.

:D

Can I safely assume this CPS1 multi does proper voltage level translation? after reading this I want to be sure. If so, I'll be interested in one but not yet.

Can I safely assume this CPS1 multi does proper voltage level translation? after reading this I want to be sure. If so, I'll be interested in one but not yet.
Your question is almost insulting :D Of course proper voltage level translation will be taken care of with appropriate bus transceivers.
I supposed so, but I'm new to this world and I prefer to be 100% sure to avoid the minimal risk for such valuable boards.

Keep on the good work! :thumbsup:

I just read that whole article (not really) and I laughed when I read this sentence...

"Prolonged use of components outside of their specified tolerances inevitably leads to failure."

You don't have to worry about "Prolonged use" as none of us actually PLAY the games in the multi-kits, we just collect them on a shelf to brag about...

=O

I just read that whole article (not really) and I laughed when I read this sentence...
"Prolonged use of components outside of their specified tolerances inevitably leads to failure."

You don't have to worry about "Prolonged use" as none of us actually PLAY the games in the multi-kits, we just collect them on a shelf to brag about...

=O
That's a little bit sad but true :D

=O

I take offence to that, I ..

*looks at shelf*

.... I'll show myself out

Seriously though, my CPS2 multi does get quite a lot of playtime. My original games tend to sit on the shelf :P

=O
I'm totally guilty of this and its not just this hobby its any hobby that has a technical aspect.

My stuff spends more time in bits then in actual use.

I'd order one for sure!!! Been waiting like forever for the french guy to release some of his... I'm starting to think he won't.

I'm interested too, thought I'd put my name down already but must have forgotten.

Any official info on it? What A boards is it compatible with? Will this be a custom B board to be combined with a genuine A and C board? Guessing LCD game selector and SD card for roms? How is 10Mhz versus 12Mhz games being handled? Has development commenced?

I'm interested too, thought I'd put my name down already but must have forgotten.

Any official info on it? What A boards is it compatible with? Will this be a custom B board to be combined with a genuine A and C board? Guessing LCD game selector and SD card for roms? How is 10Mhz versus 12Mhz games being handled? Has development commenced?
In order:
- any A-board should be ok but will require a small hardware mod to support both 10 and 12Mhz (something like cutting a single trace and soldering one wire).
- yes the newly designed B board would have to be paired with original A and C boards (any C board except those on battery would do).
- yes LCD game selection and yes for SD card (just like CPS2)
- answer is just above :)
- and yes development has started

- yes the newly designed B board would have to be paired with original A and C boards (any C board except those on battery would do).
Any C board? That's great news (at least "news" for me. I may have not noticed if this has been mentioned earlier).

Before, I thought it would require a 21 asic (SFII CE/hyper etc). For that I was keeping a spare SF2: CE (temporarily converted to Daimakaimura) and I was considering to let go my SF2: WW pcbs. Now I'll hang on to them for the multi ;)

Will the game ROM patching be on-the-fly or do we have to patch the ROM files on PC according to our C board type?

Btw, thanks for your efforts guys ;)

Back