What's new
Its more important that the proper amount of time is taken to ensure it will be of the highest quality with features never before seen. Ghetto Chinese CPS1 multis with no sound in 1.5 games already exist, and even another better multi device only a select few/French could buy. This is going to be something truly special at release, and for that I CAN wait.

Its more important that the proper amount of time is taken to ensure it will be of the highest quality with features never before seen. Ghetto Chinese CPS1 multis with no sound in 1.5 games already exist, and even another better multi device only a select few/French could buy. This is going to be something truly special at release, and for that I CAN wait.
Absolutely. I love my Darksoft CPS2 and Taito F3 kits, so I'm totally willing to wait as long as needed for a quality CPS1 multi.

I'd love to see a step forward in the general design and am eager to know what's different over the F3 / CPS2 formula..?

I'd love to see a step forward in the general design and am eager to know what's different over the F3 / CPS2 formula..?
It has an LCD to select the game, an LCD to select the colour you want on the backlight of your LCD and an LCD to give you the hex code of the colour of the backlight of the LCD that you selected with your LCD :P

lsd.jpg

<3 FRANK <3 LCD <3

Correction any cps1.0 a-board will work... But the cps1.5 a-boards (often) lack the adpcm section so they can't be used/wouldn't have sound in 1.0 games if you did (some anomalies from the factory do exist but as a rule no).
That is correct. cps1.0 boards are good, but cps1.5 boards are NOT as they don't have the ADPCM section installed.
How can we be sure that the A-board got the ADPCM section installed?
I'm not a noob in arcade but I'm a 100% pure noob with CPS1.

Did somebody can post a picture of an example of what to check please?
I'm almost in for a multi but I need to be sure to found an A-board with which I can run all games

Is there a good way to be sure that an A-board had a 12Mhz CPU?

How can we be sure that the A-board got the ADPCM section installed?I'm not a noob in arcade but I'm a 100% pure noob with CPS1.

Did somebody can post a picture of an example of what to check please?
I'm almost in for a multi but I need to be sure to found an A-board with which I can run all games

Is there a good way to be sure that an A-board had a 12Mhz CPU?
THE PRICE CHECK THREAD

Check sheep nova's post near the bottom. The big black square thing in the corner near the jamma edge is the ADPCM section. And in the first picture he's also circled the crystal - it will (or at least, should) say 12 or 10Mhz on it.

It has an LCD to select the game, an LCD to select the colour you want on the backlight of your LCD and an LCD to give you the hex code of the colour of the backlight of the LCD that you selected with your LCD :P
Dont forget the on-screen menu that only allows you to toggle the lcd backlight on and off.

Just curious, will the Darksoft CPS1 Multi include the Q-sound processing on the custom B-board to support CPS1.5 games?

It looks clean! How’s the sound? Does it run fine?

Back