What's new
Ok...
Highscoresaves
DarkSoft CPS1 PREORDER - 41104 (placed on 1/22/22)

It's unfortunate that everyone, that was supposed to order, did not order. But I'm happy I'll be in the first batch.

I ordered when I saw Bob's post on RetroRGB.com BEFORE I saw anything posted here by DarkSoft.

OK. I will post it again as I keep getting PMs.
every one that ordered until now, is 1st batch and there are still about 40 units left so those who order from now on will be also 1st batch, at least for the next 40 units. No need to message anymore HSS or Aldo. First come, first served.

Now stop reading and get yours!!!

It does suck people didn’t buy it I bet if @Darksoft made it limited time only 1 time run everybody would go crazy for it and complain they weren’t able to get one. You really can’t please anyone these days always looking for an excuse or something to complain about something.

I ordered one, and will thoroughly enjoy it. Hoping for a Qsound chip board, but I'm totally fine either way, and thought that aspect was handled well. The fact it runs on an original A board and plays as a normal board with CPS 1.5 games is great. Other than I'd suspect a few here on the forum with enough technical knowledge, none know the tremendous amount of effort it takes to pull off a project like this.

Regarding the percentage of orders placed versus those on the signup list: About seven years ago, original CPS2 multi kits were $350 or less on the first run I'd got in on, so a $725+ accessories for a multi at a time when choices like Mister that run both the CPS1 and CPS2 games likely had an effect. For reference though, this was also at a time when complete CPS3 multis were being sold for between $350-500. Prices and things change with time due to material costs, inflation, more people in the hobby with a limited supply etc. In general, a CPS3 multi has doubled in price since then, so it is within scope.

At a time when sealed or 9+ condition graded Nintendo console games somehow go for hundreds or a thousand plus dollars, arcade items are actually a tremendous relative value to buy yet today. Sure, arcade hardware always did cost a bit when new, but if you compare the retail prices back then with what they are now, it isn't so different (and in most cases it is actually less expensive with inflation). Compare original cost of console games to what many of them are now, and there is a dramatic price difference for many A titles (even though they were made in the millions). A high percentage of the CPS1 games are likely considered A or top titles.

Have been enjoying this community and the creativity.

Last edited:
I did that in my actual order and by emailing high score saves. It can't be that we must post our order information on a public forum; can it?
I would never post my order info in a public forum like other people are doing.

Hey quick question, do you guys think it’s necessary to replace the tantalum caps on an A board during a recap?

Just checked the list and saw that I was on there (279). Completely forgot I signed up for it a few years ago. But I don't plan to order one any more for various reasons. Sorry for any false expectations given for everyone involved.

Just checked the list and saw that I was on there (279). Completely forgot I signed up for it a few years ago. But I don't plan to order one any more for various reasons. Sorry for any false expectations given for everyone involved.
I don’t think you should feel bad, but props for being a cool dude.

Things change and without a price, there was no real commitment. It’s a tough time out there.

I still plan to order one but my spend on arcade stuff the past couple months has been insane (have another cab coming my way among other things) so it just arrived at a really bad time. Honestly, the price is fair for these days (electronic component prices are nuts right now) but not something I want to shell out right this second. lmao at "just get a mister" dudes, no thanks

I'm not gonna lie, it was a big chunk of change to drop.

However, I understand that having Punisher alone would almost be that much, plus Cadillac, Slam Masters, Willow, Nemo, all the Shmups, etc, etc, etc....on original hardware, would be thousands upon thousands of dollars.

I've got plenty of CPS1 boards, so as long as the multi holds up in whatever case I can get for it, I'll have it forever....and if I ever need to sell for some reason, It'll dissapear in an hour or less, to all my original hardware collectors.

Things like these are an investment, and sometimes its really just pay to play, with no other way around it. Always best to get in on the ground floor, where you can.

Watching Addams family pins clear 10K, and Neo Candy's clear 1500-2000.....prices are just up everywhere, and with more and more people being exposed via forums, and barcades all over the country, they aren't going to be coming down anytime soon.

If your into FPGA's or Pandora's, or emulation....that's all ya'll, and I get it completely.....but there's no way in hell I'd pass this up....hell or high water....its just worth it.

The MiSTer cores are much better than a Pandora's box. That's really not a fair comparison.

The gameplay is very similar between the CPS1 core and the real hardware. I LOVE Jotego's work and I am a patreon supporter... but I don't see options for sound effects volume in my ghouls n ghosts manual and yet there it is in the MiSTer core. When I see something like that, right away I'm left wondering why that option is there and why the proper volume isn't just set. If the goal is accuracy, there really shouldn't be an option there. The only extra options should be quality of life improvements, IMO.

When I'm playing the real hardware, I know I'm getting the authentic experience. There's nothing to wonder about.

This dream come true play Cadillacs, The Punisher, Warrior of Fate 2, Slam Master 1 and 2 in full real Hardware CPS 1.5 for Nirvana experience touch Heaven!

Buy Now yours!

Last edited:
Mister is an upgraded MAME with better PR. It will never fully replace the real thing. Anything that uses MAME as its source will have errors. MAME is riddled with errors.

If you don't care about hardware then MISTER is fine. I personally have zero interest in MISTER and will never own one. Also, women don't like cheap guys so don't blame me if your girl chooses me instead based on your choice to buy Mister over multi. (Thats a joke, you snowflakes)

MAME is quite good but it has it's problems. My biggest issue with MiSTer is that it make an incremental improvement to the part of mame that is already very good, and does nothing to improve the parts of mame that are not good (namely replication of analog audio components, input having to be processed through additional hardware rather than direct GPIO access and video output processing not being completely native).

Lots of people rave about MiSTer being better but by what metric? is this quantifiable in any way or is it based entirely on the assumption that FPGA based emulation is better than software based emulation?

During the last few years, I have had CPS1 custom chips fail on a number of boards. As a result, I decided to go down the MiSTer route and sell my remaining CPS1 boards (Apart from Black Tiger). Don’t regret it one bit, due to the risk associated with CPS1 custom chips. I can recap a monitor board, but chip problems are beyond me. Darksoft‘s multi looks great, but Mister is perfect for me. For instance, I hardly use my Sega system 16 multi and may sell it due to the MiSTer. I understand the purists saying the Mister has issues, but it is nothing like a Pandora’s box.

Last edited:
Back